The Perfect Time to Start Holiday Shopping From Amazon is Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

With the holiday season approaching, Governor Gavin Newsom is among the many Americans predicting that the number in COVID-19 cases will spike to an all-time high. Governor Newsom has already set out strict rules regarding the holidays and is preparing for the possibility of shutting stores down again. With the thought of stores being shut down, one of the best alternatives to in-store shopping is to shop online on Amazon.

Amazon carries a large variety of items, so you can easily find whatever you are looking to purchase. Since the holiday season is all about giving/receiving gifts, it is very important to make sure you are buying items for a good and reasonable price. Many stores right now are already preparing for potential shutdowns by having clearance sales and BOGO deals to reel customers into their stores and do their shopping there. Amazon, however, is taking a different approach this season.

Starting in December, Amazon will begin to raise their prices on most items. Amazon is still going to offer free shipping if your total purchase meets a minimum, saving you a few bucks in theory. In reality, Amazon is trying to take advantage of people having to do last-minute shopping by inflating prices and incentivizing more spending with “free” shipping. With the increased demand, Amazon is predicting that their shipping time will take longer as well, making their “Next Day Delivery” option pricier.

Holiday shopping is always fun but can be stressful if you wait until the last minute. It is best to start your holiday shopping now, especially if you are planning to do it online and through Amazon. It is safer to get everything done online as well, as in-store shopping will involve long lines and crowds. Purchase everything you need on Amazon and be ready and COVID-free for the holiday season!

4 years as a high school journalist: Writer, Sports Editor, Executive Editor 3rd year San Jose State University journalism major student.
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah