This past summer, I have been binge-watching Korean, Chinese, and even Thai dramas. This is my personal method of self-care, as I am usually a busy person during the semester. Wondering how to find a drama you want to watch? Don’t know which drama you should watch because there are so many out there? Check out my compilation of must-watch Asian dramas! Most of the ones that I listed are in the romance category, so if you enjoy romance dramas, give these shows a watch. Don’t worry, English subtitles are provided if you don’t understand what the cast is saying. I also highly recommend using My Drama List to explore the different genres that the Asian community has to offer.
Here are some of my favorites that you NEED to add to your watch list! The shows are organized by language. Click on any of the links to find more information about each show, trailers and reviews!
- Dream High (friendship, music, comedy, school)
- The Heirs (comedy, high school, love triangle, family pressure)
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (friendship, comedy, romance, sports)
- Boys Over Flowers (friendship, comedy, love triangle, high school )
- Descendants of the Sun (soldier, doctor, military, romance)
- EXO Next Door (friendship, Kpop group, music, comedy)
- Uncontrollably Fond (terminal illness, sad romance, second chance)
- Goblin (age gap, grim reaper, fate, supernatural, heartfelt)
- All About My Mom (family, marriage, mother-daughter relationship)
- Sassy Go Go (romance, school, competition, love triangle, cheerleading)
- Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (action, thriller, comedy, romance, supernatural, strength)
- The Queen of SOP (hidden identity, friends to lovers, boss – employee relationship, office romance)
- A Love So Beautiful (comedy, romance, school, love triangle)
- Meteor Garden (2018) (love/hate relationship, college life, friendship)
- Our Glamorous Time (fashion, military, business rivalry, office romance
- Put Your Head On My Shoulder (friendship, comedy, romance, college, housemates, supportive parent)
- Boss & Me (food, friendship, business, comedy, boss-employee relationship, office romance)
- My Dear Loser: Monster Romance (comedy, youth, motorcycle racing, parents disapproval, love at first sight)
- U-Prince: The Single Lawyer (comedy, law, romance, college life, spoiled female lead)
I could go on and on about the list of dramas you should add to your list. To find out my other favorite dramas, check out the continued list that I made! If you decide to check out one of these shows, snap a pic and tag us @HerCampusSJSU! Happy watching!