This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Halloween”, the iconic horror series has finally come to an end. 

Originating back to  1978 with a reboot in 2018, the story of “The Boogeyman”, Michal Myers, is ending the same way it started off, in the hands of Laurie Strode. The legendary role of Laurie Strode is played by Jamie Lee Curtis, who herself is a legend in the horror genre. 

Curtis’ film debut was the original “Halloween movie, so having her finish the series once and for all in “Halloween Ends” is a bittersweet moment. 

In honor of this momentous occasion, here’s a list of Curtis’ best horror film roles to watch this Halloween season.  

1.  The Fog 

“The Fog” is a 1980’s supernatural horror film made by John Carpenter. 

It follows a small coastal town as an unearthly fog rolls in exactly on the 100-year anniversary of a mysterious ship sinking. The fog brings with it an evil vengeance, people begin to die and the town is plagued with supernatural phenomenons. 

Curtis plays the role of a young hitchhiker, Elizabeth Solley as she and a group of  town residents try to survive and escape the fog. This movie had a low budget but is a very beginner-friendly introduction to horror movies and a great watch for avid horror fans. 

You can rent “The Fog”on Youtube or Amazon Prime Video

1. Prom Night

“Prom Night” is a 1980s slasher film. It tells the story of the death of a young girl, Robin Hammond, that happened six years prior. 

Robin fell to her death after a group of girls bullied her and cornered her to a window ledge. This group of girls, which include Curtis’ character Kimberley Hammond, are now in high school and it’s their prom night! 

They’re in for a surprise as someone’s ready to exact murderous revenge on the group. This is a classic teenage slasher film that is fun to watch with a group of friends. 

You can watch it for free on The Roku Channel on Pluto TV

1. Terror Train 

“Terror Train” is another 1980’ slasher film. A group of college students, including Jamie Lee Curtis’ character Alana Maxwell, pull a prank on their friend that ends with him being sent to a psychiatric institution. The audience met up with this group three years later during a New Year’s Eve costume party on a moving train. 

One of the boys is murdered before boarding the train and the murderer steals his costume so he can sneak on the train without being caught. Will this group survive to see the new year? Or will the murderer get to the first? 

You can find out for yourself and watch “Terror Train” for free on Tubi.

Let us know what your favorite Jamie Lee Curtis movie is on Instagram @HerCampusSJSU.

Hey, my name is Joanna but I go by Joe. I’m a Journalism major at SJSU. I love music, plants, photography, and writing.