This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

With the end of the year rapidly approaching, many people tend to feel stressed. Whether it be from finals, work or your daily life, it can become easily overwhelming. This can often lead many people to feel unmotivated, and make the days more difficult and tiresome. Personally, some days go by where I feel like I have zero motivation to do any assignments! But, it is important to figure out how to push past these bouts of procrastination. Finishing this year on a positive note will set a good tone for the upcoming new year.

1. Finding Balance

Learning to balance your personal life with work and school is key to maintaining your mental health! Finding a sustainable balance enables you to continue to succeed. If you put your focus fully into school without allowing yourself breaks, this can eventually lead to you feeling extremely exhausted from all your tasks. With that being said, give yourself a break from school once in a while to prevent burnout. Your future self will thank you for it!

2. Utilizing To-Do Lists

Another tip I’ve found that works for me is making a weekly to-do list. The feeling of pure satisfaction you get from checking something off, even if it’s a small task, is so fulfilling and motivating! This can push you to want to do more and continue your hard work.

3. Accepting Your “Off Days”

It is very important to remember that having off days is okay! It is completely normal to take a day for yourself, and do as you please. Take this as a sign that your body needs rest, along with your mental health. I really encourage you not to look at this as an unproductive day, but more like a reset day. This allows you to return to your work the next day even better by taking the rest you needed. In the past, when I did not get to all the work I wanted to do in a day, I used to be really hard on myself. It was later on that I realized this was not helpful to me or my efforts whatsoever. I learned that taking a day off for myself allowed me to present my best work.

Remember that everyone has different ways that they find motivation in! Taking the time to learn about yourself and what works for you will allow you to finish the year off positively. Don’t forget to reward yourself and give yourself affirmations to acknowledge your work. You got this!

Hi my name is Anjali! I am a senior at San Jose State University with a major in Business Administration. I love reading and writing articles for this amazing organization! A majority of my articles revolve around metal health and self care because of how strongly I feel about these topics, and want to continue to shed light on their importance.
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah