christmas ornamentsjpeg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
christmas ornamentsjpeg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Pexels

How to Have Fun While Staying Safe Through the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

With the holiday season fast approaching, you can practically feel the excitement in the air. It is still important to remember that we are living in the middle of a pandemic. With cases fast on the rise throughout the country again, it is important to put our health along with the safety of others first. This does not have to put a damper on your holiday season plans, and there are still ways to enjoy this time safely with friends and family! Here are some fun holiday plans to make with your friends or family to make this time more enjoyable.

1. Virtual Movie Night

I highly recommend doing a holiday movie night with your friends through Zoom. This is something that I have been doing with a friend of mine so that we continue to stay in touch. This idea is so much fun. You and your friends can get dressed in pajamas, hop on a Zoom call together, and watch a cute holiday movie. This idea allows you to do something fun with your friends all while everyone is staying safe. If you’re really trying to experience that holiday magic, you can do this same idea and make gingerbread houses at the same time. This is a chance to push yourself to do cute Holiday crafts you have been wanting to do as well!

2. Secret Santa

Another fun idea would be doing a Secret Santa gift exchange with your friends, but with a safe twist. There are many websites (check out Elfster!) that you and your friends can choose from that will give assign you a person for Secret Santa, along with that person’s wishlist. You can use the list to pick out their gifts and mail it to them! This gives you the chance to also write a cute holiday card along with the gift. Additionally, you can all set a time to virtually meet and open the gifts together to see everyone’s reactions.

I understand that not being able to physically see your friends and loved ones can make the holiday season seem slightly sad. However, staying safe this year allows us to ensure we will be with one another the next holiday season. If you are planning to attempt any small social gatherings, please take all the precautions to keep yourself and others safe by wearing your mask. Have a safe and healthy holiday season!

Hi my name is Anjali! I am a senior at San Jose State University with a major in Business Administration. I love reading and writing articles for this amazing organization! A majority of my articles revolve around metal health and self care because of how strongly I feel about these topics, and want to continue to shed light on their importance.
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah