This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

As the Spring semester continues to fly by, students are faced with long school days. With midterms right around the corner for some, or already happening, we tend to neglect the amount of time we spend sitting in front of a computer screen.

These countless hours on Zoom for our classes can lead to an increase in exhaustion commonly labeled as “Zoom fatigue.” This can eventually lead to emotionally draining days which impact your daily productivity levels. Here are some ways I found useful to deal with the feeling of Zoom fatigue.

The importance of taking breaks benefits our mental health and body from feeling overwhelmed exhaustion. When taking breaks, do not just switch from your laptop screen to your phone screen! This will continue to have strenuous effects on your eyes.

Take some time to do something without the use of technology. During breaks I take, I like to read a couple of pages out of a book I am reading. Finding a book that truly interests you will motivate you to actually make time for breaks to read. Also, a good way to get your blood flowing is going for a quick walk in your neighborhood to help regain some motivation and find a sense of peace.

This concept may be hard for some, but learning to meditate will have many long-term benefits for your mind and body. Meditation allows you to calm and relax the body from moving a mile per minute. The feeling of serenity and calm that meditation provides individuals allows them to take a step back from what they are focusing on to gain some relaxation before continuing on.

A tip that I have been trying to incorporate into my daily routine is taking a 10-minute walk. Going outside and getting some fresh air truly allows you to recollect your thoughts and breathe. This little break away from your laptop is one I believe for anyone that is working or doing school, from home is important to do. This can mean going for a quick walk or jog, around your neighborhood listening to your favorite music. Whatever motivates you to go outside every day, do it!

If you have any other tips for dealing with Zoom fatigue, tag us on Instagram @HerCampusSJSU and let us know your ideas!

Hi my name is Anjali! I am a senior at San Jose State University with a major in Business Administration. I love reading and writing articles for this amazing organization! A majority of my articles revolve around metal health and self care because of how strongly I feel about these topics, and want to continue to shed light on their importance.
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah