Holiday Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

It’s that time of year again ladies! The holiday season is upon us and with that, comes the trials and tribulations of gift giving. You may find yourself in a whirlwind of bows, ribbons, and wrapping paper with a piece of tape that is somehow irremovable from your thumb, but that’s what the holidays are about. So, to give you some guidance on what to give and who to give it to you in this whirlwind, here’s the Her Campus Holiday Gift Guide.

For Her (Or Anyone!)

Need to buy something simple, and elegant that any girl would love? Do you have 5 roommates to buy gifts for and also happen to have no money? Here are a few budget-friendly options that are guaranteed to light up any lovely lady’s face on any holiday:

• Goody Bags: Two things that girls love undoubtedly, socks and candy. My favorite thing to give when I’m on a budget is a little goody bag. For all the special people in my life I include a pair of festive holiday socks, a ton of candy, and a handwritten note from me for that extra personal touch. It’s a simple way to get someone something without breaking the bank, and the handwritten card shows that you care a little extra!

http://www.dustymars.net/goody-bags

• Candles: Whether its a big candle or a small one, I guarantee any girl will love something that not only smells beautiful but has a cute Christmas theme. Try Bath and Body Works for a more pricey candle, or Target for cheap ones that still smell amazing! Pair this with a cute note and you’re good to go!

For Him (Or Anyone!)

Let’s face it, guys are tricky, and if you’re not careful they can be suuuuper expensive.

• Video Games: My boyfriend loves video games, most guys do. So whether you’re going to buy him a console, or simply a game he’s been eyeing for a while, video games are a good way to get him something he’ll get a lot of use out of.

• Clothes: If you’re like me, you want to have a little bit of influence over what your boyfriend, brother, or even your dad wears. Clothes are a great way to get them something you want to see them in, while still showing them you care. Include a letter (love, platonic, or familial) with the clothes, and it’ll show you care even more. It’s the little things.

For Everyone (Even the people you don’t know)

The holiday season is the season of giving, and while its fun to get things for the people that you love, its also important to give to those you don’t know who may need it.

• Food/Money/Sanitary Products Care Packages: One of my favorite ways to give is to hand out care packages to the homeless people in San Francisco or any area around the holidays. I usually include a sandwich, a few dollars, toothpaste and a toothbrush. This simple act of kindness could help someone in need, and isn’t that the true meaning of holiday spirit?

• Kindness: If you cannot give any money, food, or sanitary products, give kindness. Treat everyone you meet with respect, especially during this season of joy. Show them kindness and care, ask how they’re doing, talk to them. It may help someone more than you know, and helping others will make your holiday even more happy. Trust me.

I am a writer and poet from the Bay Area who will be newly attending San Jose State University this fall semester to study Psychology. I want to become a marriage and family therapist, and dedicate my life to helping people through words and communication, two skills which are as vital to all writers. I want to write about things that matter, things that have an impact, and I intend to do so.
Tiana is a senior at San Jose State University and she is learning to take each day one step at a time while adjusting to life in the Bay Area. She's often watching YouTube videos on D.I.Y projects or hair care, but majority of the time she's watching Parks and Rec episodes while pretending to do homework. In the midst of all that homework dodging she's also casually planning her dream wedding.