jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Enjoying Halloween at Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Have you ever experienced a Halloween night where you were fully dressed up and ready to go out the door then suddenly your plans fail?

Dressed or not there are plenty of ideas for a unplanned night of fun on Halloween instead of heading out with your friends.

So sit back, relax and enjoy the thrill. These ideas will put your mind at ease as you prepare to stay home on a spooky night.

Plans almost always fail for many, so do not be alarmed. If Halloween is on a week night, the best option may be to just stay inside!

Every college girl has a failed Halloween night so here are some things that you can do when the night turns into a horror movie of its own:

1. Host A Girl’s Night!

Get your girls together and make some cocktails (if you are 21+). Tell some scary stories, watch movies or just let the night and the alcohol take you where it pleases. There are many drink choices to choose from, so drink responsibly. Decorate your apartment with designs and invite your friends to enjoy your night.

2. Have a Movie Marathon

For everyone into scary movies (or not) there are many Halloween movies out there. From horror to general rated movies there are plenty to choose from! Put on your favorite pajamas, snuggle up in your fav blanket, get some movie snacks together and be ready to not sleep all night. Oh and make sure you are not alone for that scary moment where you may need to grab someone.

3. Carve Pumpkins

Head over to your local grocery store, get your carving tools and/or paint and get those creative juices flowing. Beyond choosing the regular Jack-O-Lantern cut out, do not hesitate to search the web for alternate designs. With many designs out there, check your Pinterest and Tumblr’s to find a design suitable for you. Jack-O-Lanterns last five to 10 days with many designs to choose from, so make it beautiful ladies!

4. Bake Treats

As it says, you can bake treats that include cookies, brownies and many more. Whether you decide to invite friends or not, baked goods will turn your frown upside down for the night. The baked goods should give you a sugar rush to help with the night you miss with friends. There’s nothing wrong with having a sweet treat to go with your other snacks and is a perfect addition to your potential movie marathon.

Jordann Shields is a Sociology major at SJSU. She is a contributing writer to HerCampus at SJSU. She enjoys watching youtube videos and she is addicted to Pinterest! Follow her on Instagram @jordannsymone
Shellise West is the current campus correspondent at San Jose State University. Majoring in journalism with a minor in radio, television and film she plans to not fall short of fulfilling her dream as a sports reporter. A Bay Area native her hobbies include singing, dancing and listening to music. Follow Shellise on Twitter @SoulfulPenned.