Gilmore Girls
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros Television

Early 2000’s Characters that Make Up My Personality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Jenna Rink From 13 Going On 30

13 Going on 30 is one of my all-time favorite rom-coms. Many girls can totally relate to wishing they could magically grow up and skip everything that happens as a teenager. I was definitely one of them. When I was 13, I thought my life would be so much better if I was done with school and married with a successful career. However, I’d say that I am similar to 30-year-old Jenna in that as an adult because I still have a childish side to me that likes to have slumber parties and dress up in vibrant colors. 

Rory From Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls is a show that holds a special place in my heart. The best friend dynamic between Rory and her mother reminds me so much of the relationship I have with my mom. In the show, Rory always goes to her mom for advice and they hang out with each other all the time. At one point in the show Rory goes off to college and one of the hardest things about it was how much she missed her mom, and I had a similar experience when I started college. 

Haley From One Tree Hill

One Tree Hill is hands down my favorite show of all time and I adore every single one of the characters. But if I had to choose one that reminds me of myself, it would be Haley. We were both the nerdy girls in high school that cared more about hitting the books than going to parties. She was a tutor in the show and that was how she met the guy who would later become her husband. This sort of reminds me of the dynamic I have with my boyfriend because I tutored him and we do our homework together, which has brought us closer. 

Elle From Legally Blonde

I am far from blonde; however, Elle Woods from Legally Blonde has always inspired me to do whatever it takes to achieve my dreams while staying true to myself, and we both have an obsession with the color pink. In the movie, she is unapologetically herself and will stop at nothing to get her degree in law. I plan on studying family law after I get my bachelor’s degree and the older I get, the more I try to stop caring about what other people think. Like Elle, I have met people who have doubted my intelligence and made assumptions about me based on stereotypes. However, Elle is able to focus on herself and make her dreams a reality, which is what I hope to do. Believe it or not, there are a lot of valuable lessons in Legally Blonde that people should apply to their own lives. 

Let us know what inspires your aesthetic by tagging us @HerCampusSJSU

Hi my name is Destiny Owens and this is my first year with Her Campus. I will write articles about a large range of topics.