The Best “The Sims 4” Mods for Casual Gameplay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Maxis’s The Sims 4 is a game that revolves around simulated people, Sims, as well as the relationships they have with each other. The game can be manipulated to one’s liking, which is why many people enjoy the game. 

I have been playing The Sims 4 for a long time, and while I still love the game, it does become repetitive. There was only so much I could do in it, and I needed more. I had heard of mods before, but I never really looked into them. For many new players, mods are sort of taboo; l never thought I would download them.

Mods, short for modifications, are downloadable files that modify and/or add codes to The Sims 4 game, resulting in new abilities. 

There are many different types of mods. Violent mods, scary mods, content mods, there are endless possibilities. I’m more into casual gameplay, and I wouldn’t necessarily want to download a mod such as the “Extreme Violence” mod. I’ve downloaded a few, and these are my top two mods for a more calm and casual gameplay in The Sims 4

1.    “Slice of Life” mod by KawaiiStacie

This mod is really intricate and extensive, making gameplay more lifelike than ever before. Not only does it add basic human occurrences, like periods, but it also assigns personality types to Sims. It allows them to create memories, and so much more. It’s a great mod with so much added content, it is a must-have for realistic gameplay. 

2.    “Passionate Romance” mod by Sacrificialmods

I’m a romantic, that means my Sims are 100% going to be having love triangles, heartbreaks, and all that love brings to the table. “The Sims 4” is not that extensive gameplay-wise when it comes to love, so this mod was right up my alley. It allows for more action between Sims who are in love, and I find the new abilities adorable. It makes me feel like I’m the director of my own rom-com, and I can’t imagine how gameplay was without it.   

Hey! I'm Christina. I'm a third-year journalism major who loves crystals, vinyl records, houseplants, and the Sims 4.
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah