Shopping via Unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Shopping via Unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Cam Morin via Unsplash
Style

Best Online Thrift Stores to Curate Your Own Unique Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

A controversial issue that currently exists in the fashion industry is there’s the overconsumption of clothing and fast fashion. Both prove to be detrimental to the environment and use unethical labor. Luckily, thrifting has recently become popular, especially among Gen Z. Thrifting allows you to collect used, unique pieces of clothing at extremely cheap prices that would otherwise end up in landfills. It is environmentally safe and can yield many one-of-a-kind pieces of clothing that you would probably not be able to find anywhere else. The only problem is, many people do not have access to a large array of thrift stores, or simply have a hard time finding worthwhile clothing at their local ones. Thrifting can be stressful and even disheartening if you are not able to find something you like.

Luckily for you, thrifting isn’t just some archaic way of shopping that has yet to evolve to modern times; it is also widely available in online stores.

So here are 3 great online thrift stores that are both affordable and abundant!

1. ThredUP

My personal favorite. Thousands of items are sold at dirt cheap prices. Here you could find pretty much any type of clothing, with shipping prices relatively cheap. They also give a 50% discount for new users.

1. Shop Goodwill

It pretty much says it all in the name. Goodwill’s online store holds pretty much anything you could expect from an in-person Goodwill. As well as greatly discounted prices from some very unique clothing.

1. Swap

Swap has a huge collection of items that’s updated daily at very inexpensive prices! It may seem a little overwhelming at first, but if you stick with it you’ll find some pretty cool items!

Thrifting is overall a very good alternative to the recent surge in overconsumption of fast fashion. It’s definitely not for everybody, but if you’re considering trying it out, I definitely recommend starting out online!

Tell us your favorite thrift store by tagging us @HerCampusSJSU!

Writer for Her Campus at SJSU Aviation Professional Flight Class of 2025 <3