A TikTok Guide to Bay Area Brunch Spots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Brunch is not only a fun mix between two meals, but it now represents a “social experience.” Aesthetic brunch places have been gaining popularity over the years, and there are many to try in the Bay Area! Many brunch spots have become famous on TikTok because of the creative food and restaurant ambiance shown through video. I’m guilty of going to places just because they’re TikTok famous and even looking up “brunch spots in the Bay Area” to choose a new spot to try. Here are some that went viral: 

1. Son and Garden: San Francisco and Menlo Park, CA

Son and Garden have two locations in the Bay and went viral in 2021. Here is one of many TikToks of this famous brunch spot. I went to this place for a friend’s birthday and had a wonderful experience! They have unique cocktails dressed up with cotton candy and rubber ducks. There’s both savory and sweet food with fun flavors like matcha pancakes. Flowers are a special touch they add to many dishes. They also have a flower wall with a LED sign that says “Hello Gorgeous.” This room is specially made for pictures with a ring light ready to pose and post. 

Qhiz wAE B6teKfkcVTGQ7OOrJdCSYKjQDVsLlHtO2WdV9hH6RDJLkYH9LdOhSTJ7 D5rsDTd

Photo of the matcha mochi pancake and ricotta pancake at Son and Garden taken by Sachi Tolani.

2. K Cafe Patisserie & Tea House: San Jose, CA

K Cafe is a beautiful Asain-fusion brunch spot located in San Jose with a “fairytale-inspired” interior and entrance. The entire ceiling in this place is filled with chandeliers and hanging flowers and plants. This brunch place is a pink-lovers dream because of the pink velvet chairs and pink flowers everywhere. Some dishes at K Cafe are garlic soy chicken, truffle mushroom benedict, and a fusion breakfast. Since it is an Asian spot, milk and fruit teas are served here and are perfectly paired with many of the entrees. After brunch, you can check out the wide variety of pastries and desserts that they have to offer.

N vE sXj5Ud3 Qsih QYIX8fwKPF40P6b e9772pEgw WiByZrbeoWkEzH02JywD8tOqWSiitFOshZLtI2BseR4rZ2kuqHznY8SmzWa92eStdbeDWmaJbsnviAVTUYACO9d6nhr9nuPDYRF TZC5tg

Photo of the ceiling at K-cafe taken by Sachi Tolani.

3. Bloom: Santa Clara, CA 

Here is the TikTok I saw of Bloom that intrigued me. The items shown in the video are chicken and waffles, salmon benedict, and fruity cocktails. The video also shows the “aesthetic vibes” of the place, showcasing the globe-like light fixtures, fake hanging plants, and wooden lettering. Their goal, according to their website, is “to take America’s favorite breakfast and lunch dishes and provide new, unique and healthy plates.” 

4. Sweet Maple: Multiple Locations

Sweet Maple has two Bay Area locations in Palo Alto and San Francisco. I’ve been to Sweet Maple Palo Alto and it did not disappoint! Cupertino and Walnut Creek are also coming soon. This TikTok describes Sweet Maple as the “Best new brunch place in the Bay” and shares some of the unique dishes. Loco Moco, millionaire’s bacon, egg skillets, and ube lattes are featured on TikTok. The creator’s caption is “the sweet maple hype is here.” 
Check out these locations and others with just a quick TikTok search. Make sure to check out the reviews on Yelp too.

If you go to any of these places, tag us @HerCampusSJSU!

My name is Sachi and I'm a Marketing Major at SJSU and I love photography, going on new adventures, and doing anything creative!