8 Holiday Activities to do with your Loved Ones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

While a lot of us are in the midst of finals and term papers. The holidays are here to make this stressful time easier. Take time out to relax and enjoy the festivities surrounding you with the people you love! Here are some activities you can do with your significant other, family, friends or by yourself!

Ice Skating

Ice skating is a fun experience that most people don’t do all year round. It makes for a great date too! This way you can have someone holding your hand or keeping you from falling on your butt.

Light shows/outdoor things

Most cities have some sort of outdoor setup with lights, a nativity scene and hot cocoa. Some neighborhoods go all out and deck there houses out for people to drive through and view. Do some research and get out and explore your city.  

Watch Christmas movies

You can rent some movies, stream and catch some classic Christmas movies on television. So, grab the popcorn and apple cider and settle in for a cozy evening.

Bake sugar cookies

Sugar cookies are delicious and what better reason to bake them than the holidays. You have a whole month to go crazy with the desserts (no guilt it’s Christmas)!

Christmas tree farm/ petting zoo

Picking out a Christmas tree can be a fun outing. Some tree farms also have petting zoos connected to them. You can pet a lamb or feed a turkey while your tree is getting loaded onto the car.

Make a gingerbread house

You don’t have to be an artist to make one of these. Store shelves are full of gingerbread house kits. This is not only a fun activity but you also get to eat it afterwards!

Make a Christmas playlist

Preparing a Christmas playlist is a must to get you in the holiday spirit. You’ll be fully festive at all times whether you’re driving in your car, walking to school or decorating your apartment/dorm. A little bit of “Rockin Around the Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee will definitely put you in a good mood.

Go to the Snow!

My all time favorite holiday activity is making a trip to the snow. This could be for a weekend or just one day it’s definitely worth it. You’ll have so much fun sledding, building a snowman and of course having a snowball fight!

Tiana is a senior at San Jose State University and she is learning to take each day one step at a time while adjusting to life in the Bay Area. She's often watching YouTube videos on D.I.Y projects or hair care, but majority of the time she's watching Parks and Rec episodes while pretending to do homework. In the midst of all that homework dodging she's also casually planning her dream wedding.