1jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
1jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Starbucks
Wellness > Health

5 Starbucks drinks perfect for the summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

With the school year quickly approaching, our times of fun in the sun seem to be coming to an end. However, the warm weather will be following us into the school year. Therefore, going back to school will require vast amounts of caffeine, at least for me it is a necessity. Since Starbucks is a reliable source of amazing coffee and teas, I have discovered five must-try drinks for the summer leading into the school year. 

1. Passion Tea Lemonade Sweetened 

This simple tea is perfect for any time of the year especially if you are looking for something sweet. The lemonade adds a little extra flavor along with the fruity taste provided by the tea. For everyone out there that loves a super sweet drink, I highly recommend you try this one out. For those days that you just need something to pick you up without the high caffeine in coffee, this is the drink for you. 

2. Iced White Chocolate Mocha with Blonde Shots

This is one of my current obsessions at Starbucks since this is all I order whenever I make a trip. This fan-favorite drink is already amazing as it is, but adding the blonde espresso shots creates a more smooth and sweet flavor to the drink. As a personal tip, I recommend getting this drink with sweet cream foam as a replacement for the whipped cream for a sweeter and creamier taste. 

3. Strawberry Creme Frappuccino

For those of you that like your drinks blended with a fruity flavor, the Strawberry Frappuccino is the one for you. This cool beverage gives a fruity taste without the coffee since it is completely creme-based. Therefore the taste of the coffee does not overwhelm the strawberry flavor. This is perfect for those hot days where you are craving something cool and sweet.

4. Iced Pineapple Matcha Drink

This twist on the classic matcha at Starbucks is definitely worth the try. In this drink, you get the added flavors of pineapple ginger along with the creaminess of coconut milk for a smoother texture. This is a great drink for those who do not want a straight coffee but want the same caffeinated effects. 

5. Iced Shaken Espresso

Now, this drink is for my coffee lovers especially if you enjoy espresso. While this drink may seem fairly simple there are many ways to spice this up by adding your favorite flavors or milk to the drink.s. This is definitely my go-to drink for those mornings where I need an extra boost to get through the day, and I like to add vanilla syrup to create a sweeter taste. 

If you decide to try out any of these drinks at Starbucks be sure to tag us on Instagram, @HerCampusSJSU!

Hi my name is Anjali! I am a senior at San Jose State University with a major in Business Administration. I love reading and writing articles for this amazing organization! A majority of my articles revolve around metal health and self care because of how strongly I feel about these topics, and want to continue to shed light on their importance.