This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

As the weather is changing, my beauty routine has changed quite a bit compared to my summer routine. Here are five products that I love to use during the fall and wintertime:

1. Moisturizer

Before starting your makeup, it’s important that your base is moisturized and primed. With the colder weather, I find it even more necessary to moisturize. I love using my Ciaté London Watermelon Burst Hydrating Primer before putting on my makeup to make sure my skin is hydrated and ready! This primer contains hyaluronic acid, which is a powerful humectant that keeps your skin moisturized. Check out 5 Skincare Must Haves for the Colder Months for more tips on how to start your skincare routine for fall!

2. Foundation

After priming your face, I like to go in with a higher coverage foundation in the fall. I love using L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Fresh Wear Foundation; it has high coverage and lasts all day, yet it is lightweight and easy to wear. If you prefer a lighter foundation, I recommend Lancome’s Skin Feels Good Hydrating Tinted Moisturizer. It has a light-to-medium coverage and looks so fresh on the skin. With either of these foundations, you can build it up or useless for a quick look out the door!

3. Lip

One of the most classic products of fall is a darker bold lip color. One of my favorite formulas is the Juicy Lasting Tint from Romand, a Korean makeup brand. It has a lighter consistency than a gloss but still has a shine and dries down to a subtle tint. I highly recommend the formula, and the brand just released an autumn collection with the best fall shades!

4. Perfume

Perfume is one of my favorite beauty products because a scent can set the mood and be reminiscent of a happy memory. I like to wear cozy warm vanilla scents in the colder weather and Sol de Janiero’s Brazilian Crush fragrance mist is the perfect fit for fall and winter! It has top notes of pistachio and almond, and dry notes of vanilla, salted caramel and sandalwood. I love using this with the rest of the Sol de Janeiro line of products.

5. Hand cream

Last but not least, hand cream is a must-have for me in the winter! My hands tend to get super dry, so I always pop a travel-sized version of Burt’s Bees milk and honey body lotion in my purse. It absorbs quickly, which is a must when I’m out and about and leaves a non-greasy honey scent that I love. Most importantly, it keeps the hands moisturized!

Let us know if you try any of these products! Tag us @HerCampusSJSU on Instagram or Twitter. Remember to stay hydrated and moisturized for the upcoming cold weather!

Jocy He

SJSU '22

Hi! I'm a third-year business student at SJSU with a passion for writing.
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah