This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

It’s officially that time of the year where you can wear your turtlenecks and cable-knit sweaters and order everything pumpkin spice flavored without getting weird glances from strangers. If you’re an avid fall lover that waited until 11:59 on September 30th to ring in the mark of the fall season, then this article is for you. 

Jumping into a pile of leaves or going apple picking are great ways to get a kick off the fall season, but if you’re in or near San Jose, here are five great ways to spend your fall. 

1. Check out Spina Farms Pumpkin Patch 

Spina Farms, located in Santa Teresa, is about 20 minutes away from San Jose State University. Surrounded by yellow sunflowers and pumpkins, Spina Farms makes Pinterest perfect autumn fun. Spina Farms’ pumpkin patch will remain open until October 31st, and admission is free from Monday to Friday. 

They don’t just offer a pumpkin patch too! Spina Farms offers an express train across its grounds so guests can get a full view of the sunflower fields. Additionally, Spina Farms also offers a corn maze, hayrides, and the chance to launch pumpkins from a cannon. 

2. Take a Tour of the Winchester House

The Winchester House is said to be haunted by the ghosts of those who killed with the Winchester rifles. Previously owned by Sarah Winchester, the house became open to the public in 1923, about a year after Winchester’s death. To this day, the house is still open to the public and is a popular attraction. 

The Winchester House offers a special event during the autumn season. The All Hallows’ Eve features a tour, an indoor theatrical paranormal investigation, and a Jack O’ Lantern Trail through its Victorian gardens. 

3. Watch a Movie at West Wind Capitol Drive-In

West Wind Capitol Drive-In is located in South San Jose and is known for its midnight screenings. You can’t have the full experience of fall without some spookiness. Luckily, in the past, West Wind has done a “13 Nights of Frights.” The event runs until October 31st and offers several Halloween-themed movies. Tickets prices are around $8. 

4. Visit Beyond Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience

Until November 14th, San Jose will offer the chance to observe the art of Van Gogh in a multimedia experience. This art experience uses light, music, movement, and enlarged pictures to portray over 300 pieces. The works also include the classics, like “The Starry Night.” 

Beyond Van Gogh is located on San Carlos Street, and tickets start at $25. 

5. Picnic on Tower Lawn

Tower Lawn is located right on San Jose State University. It’s the ideal spot for picnics and to enjoy the fall scenery that is to come. So, grab a few friends, a picnic blanket, and, of course, the pumpkin spice everything and head over to campus!

Tell us where you are excited to spend a perfect fall day by tagging us @HerCampusSJSU! 

Hello! My name is Sabrina and I am a senior at San Jose State University. I'm a pre-law student majoring in political science with a minor in economics.