4 Fun and Festive Drink Recipes for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Nothing exudes autumn quite like apples, pumpkin spice and cinnamon! If you’re in the mood for a cozy, spiced drink, give these fun and simple recipes a try! Whether it’s for yourself or a party, these drinks will surely have you and everybody falling for fall.

1. Apple Cider Float

If you’re a fan of fun floats, bubbly apple cider, and whipped cream, this drink is for you! This drink only takes five minutes to make!

Ingredients:

• Apple cider
  • Vanilla ice cream
  • Whipped cream

Optional Ingredients:

• Apple slice
  • Cinnamon
  • Caramel sauce

Instructions

1. Scoop ice cream into your cup.
  2. Pour the apple cider on top.
  3. Add whipped cream to the top and any other optional ingredients you would like to add, such as an apple slice, cinnamon, or caramel sauce.

Enjoy!

2. Chai Pumpkin Spice Tea

The Chai Pumpkin Spice Tea is warm and rejuvenating! The prep time for this drink is also only five minutes!

Ingredients:

• 1 ½ cups of milk
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 ½ tablespoons of pumpkin spice
  • 2 tablespoons of loose black tea leaves

Optional ingredients:

• Sugar

Instructions:

1. Pour milk and water into a pot and heat it up.
  2. Add in the pumpkin spice and the loose black tea leaves and stir.
  3. Bring everything to a boil.
  4. Strain the contents through a sieve and press the tea leaves to make sure all the liquid has been strained.
  5. Add sugar to taste and enjoy your drink!

3. Pumpkin Spice Latte

The iconic fall drink! This easy recipe only requires five minutes of prep time.

Ingredients:

• 2 cups of milk (this recipe calls for 2% milk, but you can substitute it for non-dairy as well!
  • 2 tablespoon pure pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • ⅓ cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
  • Whipped cream
  • Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon powder mixed with nutmeg powder

Instructions:

1. Start off with brewed coffee ready.
  2. Heat up milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and sugar over medium heat. Add milk and whisk to blend. It is important to make sure that it does not boil.
  3. Pour your freshly brewed coffee and pumpkin milk that you made into cups 3/4th of the way. Add whipped cream on top.
  4. Sprinkle on your pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder on top of your drink. Enjoy your Pumpkin Spice Latte!

4. Maleficent Halloween Cocktail

For those who are 21+, this vibrant purple cocktail is so beautiful and unique, it is guaranteed to be a hit for any party and perfect for Halloween! This drink uses an edible shimmer that makes it extra magical. This drink only requires five minutes of prep time.

Ingredients:

Tools:

• Cocktail shaker
  • Cocktail glasses

Instructions:

1. Combine the liquors, cake shimmer, food coloring, and lime juice in the cocktail shaker.
  2. Shake it for 5 seconds.
  3. Pour the contents into the cocktail glass over ice.
  4. Top this drink with Sprite and enjoy!

Share your favorite fall drink with us by tagging us @HerCampusSJSU on Instagram!

May Lu

SJSU '21

Hello! My name is May! I love educating myself and others about our communities and how we can better support one another! In the future, I envision myself to be continuously working towards a more equitable, supportive, and empowering future for my community and many marginalized groups as their ally.
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah