Style > Fashion

Why I’m Falling for Fall Fashion This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

No more tank tops and bikinis, only homies wearing beanies. 

Every year at the beginning of October, I get so excited to see what trends are going to do well, and figure out how I can incorporate them into my wardrobe for the next 3 months. Here are some of my favorite trends to look out for this fall season!

1. Leather

I gravitate towards Faux leather but there is something so posh about topping off a cottage core fit with an oversized leather jacket. This look is perfect for walking around downtown with some friends, or even sitting in your favorite coffee shop! You can always drape it around your shoulder if it starts to get warm.

2. Corsets

It gives Bridgerton, but modern. I’m always here for a good hourglass look and the way corsets give you a nice curve is so fun! Add this on jeans for a night out or layer it with a blazer or mock turtleneck for a modest but cute look!

3. Button Downs

A simple but dressed up button down always reminds me of Friends. It’s a very Monica and Rachel kind of look. The best way to get this admirable look is to get an oversized button down with some flourish whether it’s the material or a design. You could even layer it on top of a t-shirt or a tank top depending on the Fall weather.

4. Cargo Pants

My love for cargo pants cannot be expressed in words. Whenever I wear them I never have to carry a purse and it’s the absolute best feeling when I don’t have to carry a purse! The best thing is any blouse or top will work with cargo pants! You can go with a sweater vest, crop top, oversized shirt, button down, and it will still look cute.

5. Maxi Skirts

Maxi Skirts remind me of Indian clothes. When I was little I was the original queen of fusion outfits. I love mixing a cute tank top or crop top with a Maxi Skirt. If you wnat to add a little flair, try getting a Maxi Skirt with a slit, or buttons, or external pockets to complete your fall look!

I hope this helps you all find some cute clothes for the fall. Thrifting will be your best friend here. Happy Shopping!

What are your favorite fall fashion trends? Let us know @HerCampusSJSU