This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJC chapter.

“The most dangerous drinking game is seeing how long I can go without coffee.”

-once said by a VERY wise individual

I am the definition of a caffeine queen. Born a coffee addict (I got it from my mama, what can I say?), I always have to start my day with a cup of coffee. It really is the main reason why I get out of bed in the morning and saves me from that dreadful caffeine withdrawal headache (the struggle is real).

I have always liked the taste of coffee but didn’t drink it for the caffeine effects until college. Fast Forward years later: a nursing student bouncing from clinical to class, D3 athlete running many miles, and trying to have a social life on top of all of it… I AM CONSTANTLY TIRED!

I now say that I drink coffee for the caffeine effects and I love it.

Coffee is a beautiful thing, I could go on and on about it. You can drink it hot or iced, black or experiment with fun flavors, sit in a shop and sip it with your friends or quickly snatch it through a drive through window. The possibilities of coffee are endless. With the popularity of Starbucks, Dunkin’s, Aroma Joes, and even local coffee shops, you’re apt to see one coffee place bopping around town in your car. It is what fuels most of America.

I am a creature of habit and tend to stick to the same order every single time I go to DD or The Buck. When I use a Keurig, I tend to buy the same flavor K-Cup pods (caramel vanilla swirl) and creamer (sweet italian cream). However…  if I have a long clinical shift ahead of me or a hard workout, my go to coffee is a little bit different and you should definitely try it for yourself.

If you are eager to switch up your coffee routine, first thing is first, go buy some butter.

Yup, you heard me right… butter.

I usually use any brand of full fat, preferably grass fed butter (aka Ghee).

Also grab:

-your favorite creamer (I usually use Sweet Italian Cream- Coffee Mate Creamer)

-cinnamon

-vanilla extract

-Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil (see link below for more info!)

-10 oz of brewed coffee (I use a Keurig and usually any K-Cup I first see in the am)

-your blender (I use a Nutribullet)

The next part is pretty simple:

Combine your brewed coffee,

dash of cinnamon,

1 tsp vanilla,

1 tsp of ghee,

1 tsp of bulletproof brain octane oil,

and 1-2 tbsp of creamer.

Blend ingredients in your blender on high for a minute.

MMM yum my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Pour that instagram worthy stream of life into your mug and you’re good to go!

Not only does it taste good, but it is so good for you. Benefits rock woo!

This magic cup will keep you full for a long time (fat doesn’t make you fat and it keeps you full and satisfied!), keep your focus and energy on point, balance your hormones, and help you crush your day.

Now you can enjoy the frothiest, warmest, most delicious cup of coffee you have ever made in your life. Honestly, I think it tastes better than Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts combined.

Shhh don’t tell!

I would like to thank you, coffee, for getting me through my life.

Happy blending!

If you’re interested in reading more about recipes, benefits, and general information on Bulletproof I definitely advise you to check out this link:

https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/ 

This post is not sponsored, all opinions are my own.  

(Photo One: Nathan Dumlao, Unsplash

Photo Two: Tyler Nix, Unsplash) 

Born in NH---Based in Maine! Majoring in nursing at SJCME. 3 season athlete, always running around town! "Visualize your highest self. Start showing up as her."