This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

1. Museums, museums, museums!

This is an obvious weekend activity but it is still worth mentioning! Simmons students get free admission to the MFA and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, plus discounts at the Museum of Science, the Harvard Museum of Natural History, and The Old State House Museum.

2. Events at other colleges

Even though we don’t go to BU or Harvard doesn’t mean we can’t join in on the fun sometimes! The bigger universities–BU, Harvard, Northeastern, MIT–have tons of events and many of them are open to the public. I’ve been to lectures at MIT and Harvard, a Holi festival at BU, and a hiking trip with Northeastern, all for free. I’d recommend scrolling through Facebook events, asking friends from other schools, and checking university websites to find out about all the cool things going on!

3. Middlesex Fells

If you’re looking to get away from the bustling city, take the Orange line all the way to the Oak Grove stop. From there, you’re just a short walk away from Middlesex Fells, a public recreation area where you can hike through the woods on one of the many trails.

4. SoWa Studios 

Located at 450 Harrison Ave in the South End, SoWa is a unique collection of art studios, markets, and galleries. It’s focused on eclectic art from a range of local artisans. Every Sunday, SoWa hosts an open market full of food trucks, musicians, and open galleries to browse through. It’s a must-see for any art lover!

5. The Boston Calendar.

This website is a gold mine of information on all sorts of events happening in and around Boston. Just select a date and browse through all the opportunities! Many of the listings are free, which is great for students! Find it at www.thebostoncalendar.com.

6. The Lawn on D

The Lawn is open 7am-10pm each day until October 31st. Bring a group to hang out on the grass, sit on the famous swings, play lawn games like bocce and ping-pong, and enjoy music + food. It’s a great place to relax and spend some quality time with your friends! Check out their website to find out about special events.

7. Explore the gardens

The Public Gardens at the Boston Common are gorgeous, the perfect spot for Instagram photos and a relaxing atmosphere. Additionally, the Rose Garden located in the Fens park is a peaceful place to read, study, or just take in the sunshine. I also recommend strolling through the Fenway Victory Gardens, an extensive array of beautiful blooms and greenery.

8. Boston Public Market.

Take the Orange line to Haymarket and stop in to the Boston Public Market at 100 Hanover St! This indoor market that sells exclusively local products is open Mon-Sat 8am-8pm and Sunday 10am-6pm. You’ll find a variety of fresh and seasonal produce, meat dairy and eggs, prepared foods, and crafts from 35 New England artisans.

9. Machine

Machine is a great place to dance the night away, and it is conveniently located at 1256 Boylston St (walking distance from Simmons dorms). On Friday nights, the club is open to everyone 18+ and admission costs just $15.

10. Prudential Center Skywalk

Enjoy incredible views of the city at the top of the Prudential Center for only $16 with your student ID (regular price is $20). The observatory is open 7 days per week, 10am-10pm during the summer and 10am-8pm in the winter.

Ariana Infanti is a senior Nutrition major at Simmons University who loves learning and writing about food, fashion, and sustainability.