Your Next Binge Watch: Good Girls

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

What happens when these suburban moms get desperate for cash? They do what any reasonable person would do: they rob a grocery store.

From executive producer Jenna Bans of “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Scandal” comes :Good Girls,” the show streaming on NBC that you HAVE to binge watch. Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix right now, and season 3 just premiered on Sunday. The show follows three moms and their newfound life of crime. They thought that robbing a grocery store would be a quick one-time thing to get some money to cover expenses. They find out pretty quickly, however, that crime doesn’t always work that way. Imagine “Thelma & Louise” meets “Breaking Bad.” 

All this money, but what should we spend it on? ? #GoodGirls

A post shared by Good Girls (@nbcgoodgirls) on

What exactly happens to your family when you’re enthralled in a life on crime? In “Good Girls” we see real life implications this has on the husbands, children, and overall community as the girls struggle to maintain the criminal enterprise they’ve found themselves in. They’re making money and they’re kind of good at it, too – why stop now? If you love shows like “Breaking Bad” you’ll appreciate the complicated morality of the show.

Your boss checking in on all of the work you forgot to finish before break. #GoodGirls

One of my personal favorite aspects of the show is the dynamic between the girls and the gang they’ve stumbled upon. That money they took from the grocery store? May or may not have been involved with a local gang. With the girls in partnership with said gang, and getting closer and closer to the leader, tensions are high but payday is higher. 

The show deals with issues of morality, ethics, family dynamics, feminism, and more in this easily-bingeable series you can watch with your friends! 

Be sure to watch season 3 of “Good Girls,” now streaming on NBC!

Julia Hansen is a senior at Simmons studying PR/Marketing Communications and English with minors in cinema, media arts, and graphic design. When not writing for Her Campus, she can be found reading every book she can find, retweeting photos of dogs and binge-watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix. Find her on IG @juliarosehansen