This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

There are only so many times a person can listen to The Neighbourhood’s “Sweater Weather” or Bon Iver’s “Skinny Love”, to get into the fall spirit. I always love listening to songs that make me feel like I’m walking in a leaf covered trail in the woods. However, I’m usually trying to cross a city street to get to class, instead of being in the woods. Here’s a playlist inspired by Fall and the beginning of the colder months.

Time Will Tell- Gregory Alan Isakov

Listening to Gregory Alan Isakov is like holding a warm beverage on a cold day. “Time Will Tell” is on the ultimate fall playlist because its chill vibe makes it a perfect song to listen to while enjoying the cold weather. It also talks about the passing of time, which I think is important when thinking about the seasons changing,

She Lit a Fire- Lord Huron

All of Lord Huron’s music, evoke imagery of the outdoors. Their band name is even based on the Great Lake. Their music is perfect for when you’re looking to have that ideal fall getaway- without  having to leave your dorm.

Dog Years- Maggie Rogers

“Dog Years” by Maggie Rogers is on the ultimate fall playlist because it is all about treasuring your time and spending time with the ones you love. Some songs on fall playlists can make you feel down or sad. That’s why I wanted to add a song that gave another aspect of fall. The colder months can be isolating for some, and lonely. That’s why it is important to reach out to your friends and family members, and treasure the time you have with them.

Rivers and Roads – The Head and The Heart

“Rivers and Roads” by The Head and The Heart is on the ultimate fall playlist because it tells a story. It tells a story of people moving away and having to go through rivers and roads to get home. The rivers and roads are the obstacles one must go through to get home and I think that is important to remember going into the fall season.

Stubborn Love- The Lumineers

I might be slightly biased on this one, because The Lumineers are one of my complete favorites. I personally think both of their albums could be on this playlist. However, it is their song “Stubborn Love” that wins a spot in the top 5. The cello in the beginning just makes me want to sit in a warm coffee shop and read my favorite book.

What is your favorite song to listen to in the fall? Leave a comment!

Click here to listen to these 5 songs (and more!), on the Ultimate Fall Playlist!

Kat Reidl

Simmons '20

my name is kat and I am a current junior at simmons universiy! I am studying accounting and arts administration. I love spending my time in art museums and curating the perfect spotify playlist.