Top 5 Thanksgiving TV Episodes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Thanksgiving may have a long history of being about food and family, but lately, it’s also about the TV specials. It’s a holiday that so many shows have started picking up, and with good reason. Check out the top 5 Thanksgiving specials to watch before dinner!

1. Gilmore Girls – “A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving”

We only got to celebrate one Thanksgiving with Lorelai and Rory, but it was one for the ages. The mother-daughter duo is forced to eat their way through not one, not two, but four different Thanksgiving feasts. From Jackson’s deep-fried turkey to Kirk and his cat problems, this episode featured everything pulls out all the stops.

2. How I Met Your Mother – “Slapsgiving”

Slapsgiving is arguably one of the best episodes of HIMYM. It’s thanksgiving day at Lily and Marshall’s but food isn’t the main course – a slap is. If you’re looking for laughs this holiday, this episode is not one to pass up!

3. Gossip Girl – “Blair Waldorf Must Pie!”

Trigger Warning: Eating disorders

While all of the Upper East Side Thanksgivings are spectacular, its very first of season 1 takes the cake (or pie, in this case). The flashback scenes will take you back to Serena’s old party days, Blair’s eating disorder, the Humphrey-Van Der Woodsen joint feast. Overall, the episode features everything we all love about the show: drama, friendship and as always, some iconic fashion moments.

4. Bob’s Burgers – “An Indecent Thanksgiving Proposal”

Just like every other episode, every Thanksgiving in the Belcher household is wacky and fun in its own way. What makes this one special, however, is Linda’s iconic ‘Thanksgiving Song.’ Give this episode one viewing and you’ll find yourself singing the tune every year.

5. Friends – Every single Thanksgiving episode they’ve made

This gang practically started the Friendsgiving trend, what would a Friendsgiving celebration be without paying homage? From the time when they went outside to play the most iconic game of football, to when Brad Pitt joined the feast, this marathon will never disappoint.

Gifs courtesy of giphy.com

Co-CC and Co-Founder of our HC chapter at Simmons U. Current senior and PR/Marketing Major. LA born and raised, but a bi-coastal girl in-training. Enthusiast of alpacas, sunscreen and overnight oats.