Simmons All Star: Fiona Russo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

By Samantha Kelsey

First year student from Marlborough Mass, Fiona Russo has been dancing since she was just a little kid. As she continues dancing for Simmons College Dance Company, she continues to enjoy what she sees as an emotional art form that requires discipline and hard work; but the difficulty doesn’t scare her. She explores all genres of dance, from hip-hop to ballet to contemporary.

Fiona’s dance team has been invited some of the largest national dance competitions and she has pride in the accomplishments of the Dance Studio and team to which she belongs.

Dance is what gets her through the hard times. It helps her with anxiety and stress. Dance, along with the people involved in it, have gotten her through the hardest days.

Her dancing has gifted her with relationships with her teachers, fellow dancers and younger students, and has given her a dance studio that is also her second family, and she doesn’t take family lightly.  Fiona is a caring and empathetic girl, the girl you want as your roommate because she gives honest and genuine advice, for example: “On a first date, you have to ask about family… what they like.. Don’t like… If a person treats their mother right, with respect, you know they’ll do the same for you.” On being a big sister, she says: “you have to tell them what you know,  I never had someone to do that for me.. I mean I had parents… But they went to school about a million years ago.”

Quick Facts:

Major: Nursing

Fave Beauty Item: Mascara; “It makes all the difference.”

Best Beauty Tip: Straighten your hair the night before

Dream Summer: Not working, going to the beach, being with friends

If I could get any job today: Dance Teacher

Favorite Food on Campus: Bowls from Common Grounds

Check out her dancing here!