Bacon
Bacon
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

‘Parks and Recreation’ Characters as Breakfast Foods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Leslie Knope herself said it best when she said, “Why would anyone ever eat anything besides breakfast food?” The team of HC at Simmons agrees, which is why we’re having our 5th semi-annual Parks and Recfast breakfast-for-dinner dorm delivery service this Thursday from 8-11pm!

If you’re interested in getting breakfast food delivered straight to you, check out our Facebook event here for the menu and more! If you’re just here for the GIFs, keep scrolling. (But do check out our event! Who doesn’t love breakfast food?)

Chris Traeger – Fruit

A healthy and delicious way to start the day, Chris screams fruit to us. Chris can brighten anyone’s day and also hold extreme nutritional value at the same time!

Andy Dwyer – Cereal

Andy is known for embracing his inner kid, so we like to think of him as a bright and fun breakfast cereal, like Trix or Cookie Crisp.

April Ludgate – Coffee

Okay, so this isn’t technically a food, but since some people just have coffee for breakfast we thought we could fit it in here. April can be bitter with a dry sense of humour, but with the right ingredients, she’ll sweeten up.

Ann Perkins – Eggs

A breakfast staple, Ann is the kind of friend that will be there for you, but she can also take on the role of whatever you need her to be.

Tom Haverford – Mini Muffin

He’s small, but he’s mighty. While probably quaking at this placement, Tom is the mini muffin because he’s sweet and, out of everyone on the show, the most commonly associated with gift baskets.

Donna Meagle – French Pastry

It’s a French pastry for the Reagle Meagle star. Donna is about the finer things in life and knows exactly what she needs to work.

Gary/Larry/Terry/Jerry Gergich – Toast

He’s there. He’s good. Can easily get burnt.

Ben Wyatt – French Toast

He can be both sophisticated and childish. He’s there for you when you need him. Ben Wyatt is French toast and you can’t change my mind.

Ron Swanson – Bacon

Ron is, of course, bacon. After all, it is one of his favorite foods for his favorite meal of the day.

Leslie Knope – Waffles

How could Leslie be anything but waffles? Very sweet and a touch traditional, waffles are the perfect food to describe this breakfast enthusiast.

If you also love Parks and Recreation and breakfast food, do yourself a favor and order from Parks and Recfast this Thursday from 8-11pm!

Julia Hansen is a senior at Simmons studying PR/Marketing Communications and English with minors in cinema, media arts, and graphic design. When not writing for Her Campus, she can be found reading every book she can find, retweeting photos of dogs and binge-watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix. Find her on IG @juliarosehansen