Wellness > Sex + Relationships

How to Have a Love Life & Not Fail All Your Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Whether you go to the same school as your partner, or are enduring the dreaded long distance, finding balance between the relationship and school is a challenge. Here are five easy tips balancing both school and your S.O. :  

1. Study Dates

This one is a no-brainer! Go to the library or find a cute coffee shop. Studying with someone who makes you smile makes prepping for tests way more bearable.

2. Proofread Each Other’s Papers

What’s the best thing about having a significant other? Cuddling? Someone to talk to? Unconditional Love? WRONG. It’s having someone to make sure you didn’t screw up your paper at 2AM. 

3. Plan, plan, plan!

I cannot stress this enough! Get to know each other’s schedules & plan around them. My boyfriend and I go to schools that are 30 minutes away from each other and arranging specific days and times when we’ll see each other helps us stay balanced.

4. Share your knowledge!!

This one is really helpful! If you are not really familiar with a subject, but your partner is an expert help each other out. Right now, my boyfriend who is an economics major is taking a psychology class ,and although he excels in the course he still asks me psych questions. I love being able to share my knowledge and be able to help him! This tip not only can bump your grade, but can add an extra boost to the relationship.

5. Plan fun dates, too!

Study dates can be fun, but get out of your sweatpants, put some makeup on and go out. Always make sure to maintain a healthy balance between school and the relationship. So make sure to not always be stuck behind your laptop and actually go out with your partner!

Jessica Becerra is a sophomore at Simmons College. Although currently majoring in Psychology, Jessica aspires to be an elementary school teacher. When not writing for HerCampus Jessica can be found studying, exploring new places, and binge watching The Office.