How to Balance It All, or At Least Try To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

I have felt that during this time there are so many different things going on all at once. So I try to organize my life in a way that allows me to attempt to balance all my responsibilities (school, work, internship, etc). 

Get Organized:

One of the most important things you can do is implement some sort of organization system into your life. If you do not have your tasks for the day organized you are very likely to forget about things and get behind on what you need to do. You can get organized in any way that works for you. Some people just have a running to-do list on their phone, some people use a physical planner, or some people (like me) use a digital planner like Google Calendar that syncs up to all of our devices. 

Take Breaks:

Although you may want to, there is no possible way that you can just go go go; it’s not sustainable. Make it part of your schedule to take breaks. If you are working on a computer all day try and get up every hour to let your eyes rest and move your body a little bit. Also make time in the week to get out of your house/apartment/dorm and do something relaxing or for self-care. This could be just spending time alone and watching your favorite show or catching up with a friend or family member. 

Ask for Help:

Sometimes all of your work and priorities can just become too much for one person to handle. So don’t be afraid to ask someone for help. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. 

Make Priorities:

Make priorities in your life so you don’t abandon things that are important to you in order to get more work done. Make it a point to go for a walk every day or facetime a friend once a week. Set a list of priorities that will help you balance life a bit better.

Sophomore at Simmons University in Boston, Ma. Majoring in Public Relations & Marketing Communications with a minor in Web Design & Development. Social Media Director for HerCampus Simmons