Style > Beauty

Her Campus x Primark Student Night Recap

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Last week was the Her Campus x Primark Student Night! The exciting event at the Primark location in Downtown Boston welcomed students from all around the city (and a few from outside of it, too). The HC at Simmons team had a blast seeing all the latest fall fashion and exploring everything the store had to offer during this awesome event.

Once I walked into the multiple-story building with its bright blue lights, I was greeted by some Her Campus employees with a cute tote bag and a Primark gift card (which I’ve already made good use of). The bag matched the shirt I had gotten at College Fashion Week a few weeks prior, which I was excited about.

After ascending one of the many Primark escalators, I came face-to-face with a table filled with themed pins, custom Primark cookies, and drinks. It was a nice welcome into the experience on the upper levels of the store. I grabbed my goodies and headed off to shop. I appreciate the low prices and on-trend fashion of the store, and it particularly came in handy for Halloween shopping. If you’re looking for a less-expensive DIY costume, Primark has versatile pieces that you can wear for your party but also in your every day!

Having gathered quite a few pieces of clothing and home goods items (I spent way too long in the scented candle section), I was ready to move on to the next floor. The third and final floor that was part of the event featured some of the most Instagrammable stations of the night: the beauty bar and the photobooth! The placement was definitely smart — get your makeup done and then take some photos! While I did not make use of the makeup artists, the people who did looked great after! I did get some nice makeup at great prices on this floor, though.

The photobooth was definitely my favorite station. Not only was the glittery black backdrop super Instagram-worthy, but the station had a camera that popped out your photos onto a cute sheet that you could pin in your dorm room! The funny faces will live on forever (just not in this article).

Overall, this event helped me remember how lucky we are to have this amazing retail resource just a few stops away on the T! You just might see me there in the upcoming weeks, getting an abundance of face masks and sweaters.

Julia Hansen is a senior at Simmons studying PR/Marketing Communications and English with minors in cinema, media arts, and graphic design. When not writing for Her Campus, she can be found reading every book she can find, retweeting photos of dogs and binge-watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix. Find her on IG @juliarosehansen