This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

At this point in the semester, it’s taking double the amount of effort to push through schoolwork – especially with finals lingering just around the corner. We’re all excited to go home to our families and pets, but let’s make sure to be thankful for our amazing friendships too! Below you’ll find a list of the top ways to spend “Friendsgiving” that are not only super fun, but also a great break from busy school work!

1. Have a fun cooking/baking party

Just make sure to follow the directions on the box!

2.  Watch all the best Thanksgiving TV specials

What better to get you in the Thanksgiving mood than watching shows about just that?

3. Order take out

Feel free to leave all the extensive cooking to your celebration back home, Friendsgiving does not need to be stressful so order in some chinese take-out or eat at your favorite fast food place!

5.  Brunch

If no one’s around for dinner, that’s an amazing excuse to go to brunch with your friends! We recommend Tatte and Neighborhoods in the fenway area!

5.  Make crafts

After you’ve eaten, relax with some DIY crafts! Check out Pinterest or any DIY websites for some great fun ideas!

No matter how you spend your Friendsgiving, make sure to tell your friends how much you appreciate them this year!

Gifs courtesy of giphy.com

Co-CC and Co-Founder of our HC chapter at Simmons U. Current senior and PR/Marketing Major. LA born and raised, but a bi-coastal girl in-training. Enthusiast of alpacas, sunscreen and overnight oats.