This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Newbury street is underrated in my opinion, but then, of course, this is coming from someone who works on Newbury street. From being on Newbury street every week for work, I certainly have my favorite places. Look below to find out where my favorite places to go on Newbury street. Newbury street is a mixture of commercial stores, food shops, and unique small business. The street decorated with brownstones is no longer known just for its high-end shops, it has a bit of everything and great for people of all ages to visit.

Favorite place #1: Madewell

Madewell has been one of my new favorite places to shop not only because the clothes are cute (and pricey) but I find that the Madewell Newbury has a good sized sale section on the top floor and they have a student discount (15%). Madewell also allows you to buy sale items and tack on said student discount.  

Favorite place #2: Top Drawer

This is a new store that just recently opened and is a great store to check out if you like stationary or enjoy nature. They sell high-quality pens and notebooks in addition to unique cards and fun knick-knacks. They are located at 273 Newbury Street.  

Favorite place #3: LUSH

After several years, LUSH has just recently been added back to Newbury street! The space is large, the staff is nice, and the stock is A++. You can’t go wrong with buying one of their gift sets or knot wraps, which is one of my favorite products to buy. If you aren’t looking to buy anything, you should still go and watch a bath bomb dissolve or get pampered by having LUSH staff personalize a skin care routine for you.  

Favorite place #4: The Paint Bar

The Paint Bar may be a “bar” but you don’t have to 21 to attend!  They also sell soda, seltzer, and water. Additionally, they offer candy and chips to purchase if you get hungry during class, but you are also welcome to bring your own food. The Paint Bar is a fun experience not only because you get to make your own masterpiece but also because the staff plays cool music to jam to, painting can be a good stress reliever, and The Paint Bar overall generates a positive environment in their studio. If you are interested in joining a class, some helpful money saving tips are:

• When the monthly calendar is released on Facebook, The Paint Bar also releases a discount code.

• Classes are cheaper on the weekday than on the weekend (including Friday)

• Open Studio is held on some Fridays (check the online calendar) and you can drop by 1:30-5pm to paint. They offer pre-sketched paintings for people to purchase and paint on along with blank canvases of various sizes to make a design of your own choosing.

• Open Newbury which will be happening this summer is the same concept but slightly better because you get to enjoy the outdoors! 

Favorite place #5: Ben & Jerry’s

Ben & Jerry’s is my favorite ice cream brand to pick up at Target and I’m lucky that there is a Ben and Jerry’s store. They offer so many flavors inside and personally I think ice cream always tastes ten times better in a cone. If you need a flavor suggestion, I highly recommend Milk and Cookies.

Favorite place #6: Amorino Gelato

If you’ve ever seen the flower gelato on Instagram or Pinterest, it’s probably from Amorino Gelato! They have stores worldwide and has lots of great gelato flavors. The upside of the gelato petals is that even if you order a small, you can order multiple flavors. During the holidays, the shop offers items like a chocolate spider or a chocolate Easter egg to add to the middle of your gelato rose. In addition to gelato they offer:

• Milkshakes

• Hot chocolate

• Coffee

• Macrons with gelato in them

• Sweet crepes

• Tarts  

Favorite place #7: The Fairy Shop

If you like whimsical creatures or looking for something unique, the fairy shop is a fun store to pop in to. Currently, the shop is a Harry Potter pop up store which is equally as magical and amazing.

Favorite place #8: Wich It

They are the type of food place that has a little bit of everything and they have an extensive menu in my opinion. The food is also accommodating to all kinds of cravings whether it is for a Thanksgiving wrap or a spicy tuna maki sandwich to a sweet potato pancake.

Honorable Mentions:

Favorite places for discounted makeup – TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack

Favorite sale section: Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie

Favorite place to get a snack: Shake Shake

sophmore at Simmons College, studying Communications with a concentration in Graphic Design.  Specialties include and are not limited to: -cooking but making a mess -eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream at odd hours -hoarding makeup -being a shopoholic -wearing mix matching socks -binge watching tv