freshh connection tuei08u 9SU unsplashjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freshh connection tuei08u 9SU unsplashjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

Ellie’s Top Five: Things I am Grateful for on a Daily Basis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

There are so many things to be grateful for. My family (that I am living with this semester), my friends near and far (I miss them!), my cat, my dog, my job, my bed, so many good things. Of course, these things are the most important things in life to me, and I am grateful for them all of the time. Sometimes, however, it can be beneficial to focus on some of the small things that can make one’s day better, regardless of importance. So, I’ve compiled a short list of some small things I am most grateful for on a daily basis.

Spotify Daily Mixes

Music is vital to my daily routine and is extremely necessary in my life. While I am getting ready, I am so thankful for Spotify and the daily playlists it makes for me. Nothing boosts my serotonin levels more than dancing in front the mirror in my bathroom.

The barista that knows my coffee order before I do

It’s common knowledge that I am a coffee-aholic, and pretty much always order the same thing at the three shops in my area that I visit throughout the week. At each shop, they all know what I am going to order, and there is just something about people remembering customers and their orders that makes me so happy. I can’t help but smile when they read my mind. 

Being greeted by my coworkers

I love my job(s!), in fact, I usually say work is my happy place, which I know can be unusual for some people. When I walk in and the door dings and I get to say hello to my coworkers, I just know it is going to be a great day. I am so lucky to have had such incredible experiences at work and develop such strong and lasting relationships with my coworkers. 

Turning in homework assignments

I struggle with my school work, especially since it is online this semester. It is not easy at all, but it feels so good when I hit the ‘Submit’ button, even if it is a few hours late. Hey, at least I completed it! I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders when I turn in my assignments, and I am so glad to be done with them.

Late night walks with my dog

My neighborhood is so beautiful in the fall, and with the weather being so cool at night lately, I thoroughly enjoy taking my dog Luna on a short walk around 9 or 10 pm. There is something so calming about walking in the dark. Plus, I get some much-needed exercise. 

This list may be short, but I could definitely make it longer. Graditude is really important for our mental health. I hope you can think of at least five things you are grateful for each day, even if they are little things. I bet they will be easier to find than you think. 

Ellie Faeth

Simmons '22

Ellie Faeth is a junior at Simmons, a social work major and the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Simmons. She is a music-lover and enjoys impromptu dance parties. Ellie is very excited to share her thoughts and ideas with the Her Campus at Simmons audience.