De-cluttering for Winter Break After Your First Semester in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

We all wanted be prepared for our first year of college, but if you’re anything like us, you over-prepared. By a lot. Once you’re more acclimated to the environment, you realize you don’t quite need everything your parents sent you to school with.

Follow along and next semester, you’ll be living like a real college pro!

1. Clothes You Never Wear and/or Summer Clothes

Once you’ve spent a good month or so at school, you’ll come to realize that wearing the same pair of pants four times a week is standard, and maybe you don’t need to overstuff your tiny closet with those 10 other pairs.  

2. School Supplies You Thought You’d Use

A.K.A. that pack of 100 paper clips you impulsively snagged during your Staples run…

3. Extra sheets/blankets

Boston may be cold, but Simmons is always extra toasty – especially if you don’t have control of the thermostat in your room.  

4. Any decorations that didn’t make it onto the wall.

My Pinterest page was definitely popping, but the effort to decorate was not quite so. Anything left untouched and lying around will only make you feel bummed out.  

Image courtesy of WordPress.

5. Old schoolwork or textbooks

If you wanna save these but don’t need them next semester, bring them home in the meantime!  

Image courtesy of PIPA Prize.

Good luck on de-cluttering your space, and congrats on making it through your very first semester!

All GIFs courtesy of Giphy.

Co-CC and Co-Founder of our HC chapter at Simmons U. Current senior and PR/Marketing Major. LA born and raised, but a bi-coastal girl in-training. Enthusiast of alpacas, sunscreen and overnight oats.
I am a fan of experiences. I love to expand my knowledge anyway possible, whether that is traveling, attending a new class, writing an article for Her Campus, or on the soccer field. I'm determined to experience every aspect that life has to offer.