This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and getting a thoughtful gift is the perfect V-Day surprise for your significant other. But what can you do when your bank account is begging you not to spend money? Here are some ideas for gifts on a budget!

The (Necessary) Self Care Kit

(via Study Breaks Magazine)

Self care is important for everyone! Being in a supportive relationship means helping your partner feel their best. A self care kit is a great way to express that sentiment. Just throw together a basket filled with some lotions with their favorite scents, some relaxing puzzles or herbal tea for a relaxing night in. These can be personalized to fit anyone!

Mug + Coffee = Love

(via Fun-Squared)

If your partner is like one of the many people out there who needs a cup of coffee or tea first thing in the morning, then this is the perfect gift for them. A cute mug (check out Target and Marshalls!) with a design or quote that they’ll love combined with some of their favorite caffeinated beverages will make a person very happy.

The Sentimental Gift

(via sampsonphp)

Sometimes it pays off to be sentimental. You could make a book of memories or another project using photos of you together, ticket stubs from movies, and other memorable things you have collected. This one is especially handy because it costs little to no money if you use the things you already have!

The DIY

(via My Modern Met)

Nothing says ‘I love and appreciate you’ like slaving over a Pinterest project for your S.O. Whether it’s wall art or a sugar scrub, putting effort into a gift always makes it special.

The Way to Their Heart is Through Their Stomach

(via I Am Baker)

If you know your way around the kitchen, this one’s for you! Trying making them cupcakes or make them a nice dinner. If you want to add some quality time, you could make a sweet treat and decorate them together!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Julia Hansen is a senior at Simmons studying PR/Marketing Communications and English with minors in cinema, media arts, and graphic design. When not writing for Her Campus, she can be found reading every book she can find, retweeting photos of dogs and binge-watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix. Find her on IG @juliarosehansen