This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Here’s the only list of veggie-friendly spots in Boston you’ll need, plus a few extra. These are listed in no particular order (besides Veggie Galaxy, which will always be #1).

Veggie Galaxy

A classic diner-style spot in Cambridge, Veggie Galaxy is basically vegan/vegetarian heaven. With all day breakfast, milkshakes, and all of your favorites made meatless and from scratch, it’s a must-try and definitely a go-to. (p.s. it’ll be featured in an upcoming Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives episode with Guy Fieri on Food Network!)

Location: 450 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge

Whole Heart Provisions

This place makes veggies the forefront, without all the meatless meats and vegan replacements. Whole Heart Provisions is a sunny, fast-casual restaurant that offers customizable veggie and grain bowls for every palette, with flavors like Korean bulgogi beef and kimchi, Mediterranian falafel and tahini, and Vietnamese edamame and peanut sauce.

Locations: 487 Cambridge St, Allston, 298 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, and 1350 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge.

Life Alive

With three locations across Boston, Life Alive is trying to bring convenient, healthy eating and holistic sustainability to everyone through a variety of smoothies, grain and salad bowls, and other veggie-friendly snacks

Locations: 431 Boylston St, Back Bay, 888 Commonwealth Ave, Brookline, and 765 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge

Fomu

Alright, you caught me—this is an ice cream place. But a super good, vegan ice cream place. You really can’t go wrong.

Locations: 481 Cambridge St, Allston, 617 Centre St, Jamaica Plain, 655 Tremont St, South End, and 140 Brookline Ave, Fenway

My Thai Vegan Cafe

With a huge range of bubble teas, and vegan versions of Thai classics like pad thai, tom yum, and red curry, there’s no shortage of new things to try every time, and no worry about what you can or can’t have from the menu—cause it’s all vegan!

Location: 3 Beach St. (2nd Floor), Chinatown

Blue Nile

Ethiopian food always has lots of vegan options, and this place is no exception. You’ll get huge portions for a great price, and loads of flavor in every dish!

Location: 389 Centre St, Jamaica Plain

Pressed Juicery

Well known for its “Freeze” soft serve, Pressed Juicery is also a great spot to grab a (slightly overpriced) plant-based juice or wellness shot. (we’re mostly there for the soft serve, obvi).

Locations: 288 Newbury St, Back Bay, and 1380 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge

Dig Inn

Focusing on seasonal, local ingredients, Dig Inn has a wide variety of foods and flavors for any kind of dietary restriction—plus it’s tasty too!

Locations: 557 Boylston Street, Back Bay, 277 Washington Street, Downtown Crossing, 800 Boylston Street, Back Bay, and 25 Thomson Place, Seaport

Honorable Mentions:

Tasty Burger

Okay, so there really aren’t that many veggie options here, but with a veggie burger and milkshakes to die for? Yeah, we don’t care either.

Locations: 1301 Boylston St, Fenway, 1 Nashua Street, West End, 145 Dartmouth Street, Back Bay, and 40 JFK St, Cambridge.

Blaze Pizza

This list just had to have a pizza place on it, cause…duh. Most pizza places have a classic cheese, margherita, or veggie pizza that’s perfectly fine for vegetarians, but for vegans, it usually takes a bit more effort to find a pizza spot with options. Blaze offers completely customizable, personal-sized pizzas, with plenty of vegan cheese to go around (and gluten free crust, too!)

Locations: 961 Commonwealth Ave, Allston, 1282 Boylston St, Fenway, 123 Stuart Street, Chinatown, 1 Canal Park, Cambridge

Junior at Simmons University studying Communications, Graphic Design, and Cinema Studies // HC Video Director // Fandom geek and cooking enthusiast
Julia Hansen is a senior at Simmons studying PR/Marketing Communications and English with minors in cinema, media arts, and graphic design. When not writing for Her Campus, she can be found reading every book she can find, retweeting photos of dogs and binge-watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix. Find her on IG @juliarosehansen