This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Are you someone who hates studying in the library or your room? Or maybe you want to just get off campus and explore the city? Then you came to the right place! This is a list of the best places in the city where you can grab a coffee and a pastry and crack open a book or study.

1. Trident Booksellers and Café

This café is right on Newbury Street, so you can get your shopping done while you’re there! Trident offers a huge breakfast menu (and it has eggs benedict on it, my favorite!) along with a ton of coffee, juice, tea and smoothie options! And the best part, it even has a bookstore! It’s a great cozy and welcoming place to study.

2. Pavement Coffeehouse

Pavement Coffeehouse is described as cozy and rustic, and it is right down the street from Simmons residential campus! Pavement offers less of a menu than Trident, but has great bagels, sandwiches, coffee and fresh pressed juices! It is a great, cheap place to go to to get some work done, and if you’re from Simmons it is only a five minute walk away!

3. Blue State Coffee

What makes Blue State Coffee stand out is that it is very socially conscious; the chain donates 2% of their sales to local nonprofit organizations! Plus, the café offers super yummy sandwiches (that are super healthy as well!), and delicious coffee. Blue State is located on Commonwealth Ave, along with a location on Seaport Boulevard.

4. Render Coffee

My next recommendation, which has locations in both the South End and the Financial District, is Render Coffee. It offers a limited (but pretty inexpensive) breakfast and lunch menu, and of course a great menu of coffee and other drinks! Render has more of a modern feel, but is still a perfect place for you to sit by a window, get comfortable, and get some serious work done.

5. Thinking Cup

Thinking Cup actually has a reputation for serving the best coffee in the world (according to NPR, New York Times and USA Today)! It has three locations, one in North End, one right by the Boston Common and on Newbury Street so you can even make a day out of it at any location! Thinking Cup’s breakfast and lunch menu are a little bit on the pricey side, but the coffee and drinks are offered at a great price. The ambiance is super cozy, and a great place to write that paper you’ve been putting off. :)

Riley Sampson is a freshman at Simmons College studying PR/Marketing Communications. When not doing schoolwork, Riley enjoys playing with her dog and being with her family.