This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

I am so excited for the official kick off article of Ask Andi. I guess I should start off with a little introduction, I go by Andi and I attend Simmons U! That’s about all you need to know about me. I’m here to answer your questions, field your fears and shake that stress with advice and tips!

Here’s this week’s letter!

“Dear Andi,

I have a class this semester that’s required for my major, thing is this class is so dry and long I don’t know how I’ll make it the entire semester. Any tips on how I can survive?

Sincerely,

Suffering Student

Well Suffering, here are a few tips to keep you chugging throughout that slow class and for others who struggle to keep alert during class!

1.  Put your phone away! I know it sounds like the most basic thing to do when class starts but some people leave it on their desks or in their pockets. If you put it away you’ll be less tempted to look at it and more focused on the class.

2. Try to sit towards the front! If you’re in the front the professor might call on you for answers and you can stay on your A-game.

3. Put your laptop away unless completely necessary. I’ve developed a system where I take handwritten notes in class then type them up on Evernote later that night/week depending on how busy I am.

4. Ask questions. Maybe you’re not completely understanding what exactly the prof is talking about or maybe they’re talking too fast for you to comprehend. It’ll keep you awake at the very least.

5. If all else fails, you can doodle, play M.A.S.H. or I like to check out my planner and see what I have to do later.

Hope that helps you Suffering Student, and if you have any issues that you want some help with, go to www.tinyurl/AskAndi to submit them!