This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

In the midst of suddenly having to stay at home all the time and having almost no plans, I’ve found myself watching a lot of netflix, but it took me a while to find shows that actually kept me interested. So here’s a list of 8 shows that you should watch to keep yourself busy!

1. Grey’s Anatomy 

I know a lot of people have probably already watched this show, but I can’t help to mention it as I re-watch it for the 100th time. If you like medical dramas, this is a great show for you. 

2. Good Girls 

Good Girls is a show about three moms who find themselves struggling to make ends meet and decide to rob a grocery store. After that, they find themselves stuck in a life of crime while being disguised as regular moms. This show is really funny but it has some scenes that can be hard to digest for some. Overall it is a really great comedy. 

3. When They See Us (TW, Sexual Assault) 

When They See Us is a Netflix series about the “Central Park Five.” They were five black teenagers falsely accused of sexually assaulting a young jogger in Central Park in New York. The series documents how poorly sexual assault cases are handled as well as the racism that is deeply rooted in our justice system. I highly recommend for anyone interested in social justice issues but bear in mind that it is about sexual assault which can be a trigger. Don’t put your mental health at risk!

4. Ertugrul 

If you’re into foriegn or historical shows, then Ertugrul might interest you! It’s a turkish about the early tribes that existed before the Ottoman Empire came into power. The love story between Ertugrul and Halime Sultan is what is currently keeping my faith in love alive. There are a lot of violent scenes so please keep that in mind if you decide to watch the show. 

5. Love Is Blind 

If you love over-dramatic reality TV, then you’ll love this show! A handful of couples get to know each other and get engaged before meeting in person. Waiting to find out who will end up with who and then who will actually get married in the end will keep you on the edge of your seat! Good reality TV always gives me a good reason to scream or cry or both and I honestly can’t tell you how many times this show made me scream at my laptop. It’s also a great show to watch with your girlfriends after the corona pandemic dies down. 

6. Grace and Frankie 

This show breathes life back into my soul! It’s about two women in their 70’s who unexpectedly become best friends after their husbands leave them to be with each other. They end up having all kinds of adventures with each other and finding themselves in a lot of messes. If I don’t have the friendship that Grace and Frankie have with each other with my best friend when we hit 70, then I’m going to have to get a new best friend. 

7. Scandal

Shonda Rhimes never ceases to amaze me with her incredible writing ability. This show is about a successful D.C lawyer who ends up falling for the President of the United States. But she doesn’t let a man get in the way of her success! This show addresses a lot of issues we have as a society. From abuse of power, racism, sexism, and almost anything you can name. The trials and adventures of Olivia Pope will keep you reeled in for an exciting 7 seasons. 

layla khan

Simmons '23

Simmons’23 Neuroscience & Behavior major.
Julia Hansen is a senior at Simmons studying PR/Marketing Communications and English with minors in cinema, media arts, and graphic design. When not writing for Her Campus, she can be found reading every book she can find, retweeting photos of dogs and binge-watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix. Find her on IG @juliarosehansen