6 Reasons You May be the Miranda of your Friend Group… and Why That’s a Good Thing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Miranda Hobbes has spent most of the last 20 years getting the short end of the stick, for lack of better words. Compared to her co-leading ladies, Miranda has often been known as the downer of the group. When someone called you a Miranda, you may not have been too thrilled – however, the 6 reasons listed below will hopefully change your mind for better.

You’re driven

Anyone who thinks it’s a bad thing for a woman to be career oriented is dead wrong. Miranda has always kicked some serious booty professionally, and she was a phenomenal on-screen inspiration for the modern working woman.

You don’t play games

A lot of people these days spend relationships (romantic and platonic) tiptoeing around the truth, but not you. You’re always honest about how you’re feeling, and it saves everyone a lot of time and energy from trying to craft it.

You know what you want, and you aren’t afraid to ask for it

Some people consider stubbornness a negative trait, but in reality, it’s those who are stubborn who get what they want – and there is nothing wrong with asking for what you want.

You’re practical in the best ways

You may have heard that being practical is boring, but just see how much more smoothly your day may go if you edge on the practical side. Everyone is entitled to their own preferences, but since the day I picked up my first fanny pack and started applying sunscreen every two hours on a sunny day, I’ve been a changed person

You’re the voice of reason, even when it’s hard to hear

Good friends will always tell you what you want to hear, but best friends tell you what you need to hear. Sometimes the truth can be brutal, but people like Miranda always have their friends’ best interests at heart.

You’re a true advocate for women, and everything they have to offer

Sex and the City wouldn’t be here without the sex, but the leading ladies would be nothing without each other, and the Miranda’s of the world make sure to let you know

So cheers, to all of your Miranda’s out there! You’re a force to be reckoned with. Keep taking on the world!

Co-CC and Co-Founder of our HC chapter at Simmons U. Current senior and PR/Marketing Major. LA born and raised, but a bi-coastal girl in-training. Enthusiast of alpacas, sunscreen and overnight oats.