This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Authors Note: Please do not go to a casino unless you are of legal age. The legal age in Connecticut to gamble is 21. Gambling can cause addiction. If you or someone you know has a problem with gambling, visit the National Council on Problem Gambling.

Some people go to tropical paradises for spring break, others go international, but me? I went to my first casino. Although I have been 21 for a while now, I never had the time to have fun at a casino. Here’s a summary of my first experience at a casino:

1) You will get carded

2) Slot machines are easy to use, but hard to win

3) It’s very likely that you’ll leave with less than you came with

4) Learn how to play games before you play them on the floor

5) It’s good to take a break!

6) Keep your ID on you — you’ll probably get carded more

Hope your first casino experience is as fun and safe as mine was!

Kelly Biondo

Simmons '19

Hi! I'm Kelly and I'm a senior at Simmons University studying PR/MarComm. I am the social media director for Her Campus Simmons and couldn't be happier. In my free time, I walk dogs for Wag, procrastinate or I'm out exploring Boston. Follow me on Instagram @kelllybiondo to see what I'm up to!
Julia Hansen is a senior at Simmons studying PR/Marketing Communications and English with minors in cinema, media arts, and graphic design. When not writing for Her Campus, she can be found reading every book she can find, retweeting photos of dogs and binge-watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix. Find her on IG @juliarosehansen