This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

May the Fourth be with you! Happy Star Wars Day, a day to celebrate one of the greatest franchises in cinematic history. Here are five ways to celebrate the saga, but remember: do, or do not. There is no try.

1. Put your hair up like Padme, Leia, or Rey!

Since the original Star Wars trilogy, the leading ladies of the story have been known for their iconic hairstyles. Whether it’s side buns, three vertical buns, or twisted braids, characters such as Princess (now General) Leia Organa, Padmé, and Rey have stylish hair dos, and you can have them too! If your hair is long enough you can follow several YouTube tutorials to start your Star Wars Day looking like these wonderful heroines. Or, if it is too short, maybe try a Leia headband!

2. Buy your tickets to Solo: A Star Wars Story

The next Star Wars movie is only three weeks away! Solo: A Star Wars Story will give us the backstory to the smuggler turned hero, Han Solo. Starring Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover and Woody Harrelson, this movie will give insight into Solo’s origins and looks to be not just a good origin story, but a great film. Find a showing near you here.

3. Wear your favorite Star Wars apparel

Whether it is a shirt, a hat, or a fancy tie, there is no better way to let the world know you are celebrating May the Fourth than wearing some Star Wars apparel. I know I will be wearing my Princess Leia “rebel” shirt, both to celebrate the series and the late Carrie Fisher. If you do not have a favorite piece of Star Wars merch, you can always shop for more! Or, if you do not want to wear it yourself, you can dress your pet like Chewbacca or an AT-AT

4. Make some Star Wars snacks

If you have to eat lunch, might as well make it a Star Wars lunch! There are tons of ways to take regular meals and Star Wars-ify them, such as these Tie Fighter cheese and crackers, wookie cookies or Bow-ba Fett pasta. There are tons of recipes online that are sure to make your meal out of this world.

5. Watch (at least!) one Star Wars film.

No Star Wars Day is complete without watching the films themselves. Rogue One is currently available on Netflix, and the main eight parts of the Star Wars saga can be found on demand. I know I will be watching Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, and maybe The Force Awakens if there is time!

How do you like to celebrate Star Wars Day? Leave a comment below, and get ready for Solo: A Star Wars Story on May 25.

Emily Cole

Simmons '19

Emily graduated Simmons University in fall of 2019 with a bachelors degree in Public Relations and Journalism with a concentration in radio and social media. During her time at Simmons, she was also a content writer for the Simmons University chapter of Her Campus! When Emily is not thinking of her next article topic, she is working on her radio show on The Shark: Simmons Radio, exploring Boston, or binge-watching the latest nerdy show on Netflix. Find Emily on Instagram and Twitter at @emilycoleyeah