This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Do you ever get bored of listening to music? Want to educate yourself while making it seem fun and neat? Here are 5 podcasts you should totally try out! You can listen via Stitcher, an app, or the Apple Podcast app.

1. My Favorite Murder

pic courtesy of geekandsundry.com

Do you enjoy hearing about crimes and murders? Then give MFM a try. The quirky pair, Georgia Hardstark and Karen Kilgariff, record an hour (ish) show every week. The show consists of casual chit-chat for about 20 minutes then Kilgariff and Hardstark present their favorite murders of the week. Neither knows what the other will present and it’s also kinda educational. In a murdery-crime kinda way…

1. Sleep With Me

courtesy of subscribebyemail.com

This podcast literally cured my insomnia. Sleep With Me is hosted by ‘Dearest Scooter’, a character by Drew Ackerman. During these hour-long episodes, Ackerman tells a story in a bland, monotone voice. He also takes every chance he can get to go off on a tangent about a certain detail. It sounds boring asf but I promise, it’s exactly what you need to fall asleep.

1. Stuff You Missed in History Class

courtesy of stitcher.com

A podcast by HowStuffWorks, Stuff You Missed in History Class is a 30-minute podcast where the various hosts tell listeners of historical events from all over the globe. The events aren’t just boring stories you’ve probably heard before, they’re wacky and weird events that actually happened! It’s very interesting and perfect for any fan of history.

1. Up and Vanished

courtesy of upandvanished.com

Up and Vanished was the first podcast I listened to. Told by Payne Lindsey, Up and Vanished covers Lindsey’s actual investigation in real time of a small town murder. Tara Grinstead went missing in 2005 and no one had any idea as to where she went. Lindsey conducts his own little investigation into the case and actually solves it in the end! He also makes the listener feel as though they’re helping him solve the case.

1. Atlanta Monster

courtesy of etonline.com

Another podcast by Payne Lindsey, where he goes to solve another case. This time, it isn’t small town. Atlanta Monster covers the case of Atlanta’s missing children, who were snatched up in broad daylight in the years between 1979 and 1981. These children were all of color and never seen again. Lindsey helps families find some sense of peace as well as aiming to find the truth. I’ll be honest, I haven’t finished this one yet so I really don’t know if he solves it or not…

Kelly Biondo

Simmons '19

Hi! I'm Kelly and I'm a senior at Simmons University studying PR/MarComm. I am the social media director for Her Campus Simmons and couldn't be happier. In my free time, I walk dogs for Wag, procrastinate or I'm out exploring Boston. Follow me on Instagram @kelllybiondo to see what I'm up to!