5 Must-Shop Sites for Dorm Decor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Nobody wants to have a boring dorm room! Hours are spent scrolling through Pinterest trying to find the perfect DIY art project for an envy-worthy dorm room vibe. In case you never got around to finishing that project, here are 5 great stores to shop the cutest room decor items that will be sure to have all of your friends asking you where you shopped!

1. Posters at Society6

Society6 has enough posters on its website to keep you procrastinating on your homework for hours. They have so much variety: anything from abstract art to puppies playing the grass to cityscapes. Anything you could ever think of will be on a poster. Not to mention, almost every print that you find can come in a matching pillow, mug, cell phone totebag.. The list just goes on.

2. Photo and Organization Displays at Etsy

Here you can find a lot of handmade and unique frames, pen holders and wall displays to organize your pictures and notes on. It’s nice because you are less likely to ever see someone with the same thing, and it helps showcase your own personal style.

3. Door decorations at TJ Maxx

This is always a go-to store to find cute decor for your room. You never know what you will find when you shop online or go into these stores, but you are sure to find so many more things than you actually were looking for. One of the best times to shop here is around holidays, their festive door decorations are the best.

4. Rugs at Wayfair

Wayfair has some of the coolest (and moderately priced!) rugs you will find. Rugs can be a great way to complement your room’s theme or tie you and your roommates styles together.

5. Tapestries at Redbubble  

Why buy fresh flowers that you keep forgetting to water when you could get a floral tapestry instead! Redbubble has so many unique and fun tapestries to hang on your wall that will be sure to make you smile every time you walk in your room.

Follow any of these tips and you’ll be sure to have the cutest room on your floor!

Happy Shopping!

Picture Sources: https://society6.com/product/german-volume-1_print#s6-3827712p4a1v1

https://www.redbubble.com/people/uzualsunday/works/23466333-vase-illustration?p=tapestry&size=small

Abby Bowman

Simmons '20

Retail Management & Marketing Major