10 Photos That Prove Rescue Dogs Are Amazing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

When looking for a new furry friend, there is often a debate as to whether someone should purchase a dog from a breeder or store, or whether they should adopt a dog from a shelter or rescue organization. This series of photos from an adoption event over the summer by Dog Star Rescue in Connecticut will prove that rescue dogs will be your sweet, fun, adorable furever friend as long as you give them a forever home.

1. This dapper dog will come dashing through your door:

2. This pupper who just wants to play

3. “Yes? Did you say something? I can’t quite ear you!”

4. This sideways sister will steal your heart.

5. This snoot is ready for the booping.

6. *mlem*

7. These happy hounds who are just ready to snuggle all day.

8. Finally, meet Cesara. Cesara is still looking for a forever home and everything about her can be found here.

No matter the doggo, a four-legged friend will love you and just wants their own chew toy. However, perhaps consider adopting before shopping so that these cuties can find a forever home. Thanks to Dog Star Rescue for taking care of the pups shown here, and check your local community for adoptable dogs near you.

Emily Cole

Simmons '19

Emily graduated Simmons University in fall of 2019 with a bachelors degree in Public Relations and Journalism with a concentration in radio and social media. During her time at Simmons, she was also a content writer for the Simmons University chapter of Her Campus! When Emily is not thinking of her next article topic, she is working on her radio show on The Shark: Simmons Radio, exploring Boston, or binge-watching the latest nerdy show on Netflix. Find Emily on Instagram and Twitter at @emilycoleyeah