Working on laptop?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Working on laptop?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Being back at college after a whole summer of no classes can be very stressful. I’m excited to be back and see all my friends, but not as excited about how much work my classes are going to be. It seems like the first week of classes has already flown by and now I’m already worried about the amount of work I have due. It’s important for every college student to realize how much a work-life balance is necessary. Here are some tips to help keep that balance.

Make Time to Hang Out With Your Friends

While college is the time to get a great education, there needs to be a balance between the amount of work and time with friends. Being around friends can help you forget all of the assignments you might have due the next week or the fact that you have three exams on the same exact day.

Self Care is a MUST

Taking care of yourself is extremely important! We tend to forget about this when we’re busy with classes and work, but in order to excel in school, this is a must!

Create a Schedule so You Aren’t as Stressed About Work

One of the things that helps me be less anxious about missing an assignment or forgetting when there’s an exam is to write everything down. I have a separate calender for my class assignments/tests/projects, etc. and another one for work and events I have to attend. It saves me from stress everyday, especially since I’m a forgetful person and have a lot going on.

Go to the Library to Study and Get Work Done

Being in my room to study and do work is only helpful when I don’t have to focus much. There are so many things that distract me in my room: my phone, the tv, my incredibly funny roommate, etc. The list goes on and on. The library is a place where I can focus on my work and only on my work.

College can be difficult, so making time for other things is essential!

Nikki Gazdik is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. She studied Accounting during her time at Siena.