What’s going on with Stage III this semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Riding on the coattails of its very successful Drowsey Chaperone last November, Stage III has an exciting lineup for new and innovative theatre this spring!

Up First in March, The Siena College Theatre Program and Stage III Present,

Spoon River Anthology

Adapted and Directed by Eileen Schuyler

Based upon Edgar Lee Masters’ poems

Performances Dates: March 10, 11 & 12 at 8pm, March 13 at 2pm

Edgar Lee Masters’ collection of haunting, evocative epitaphs, which expressed the lives of the people who lay buried on a hillside cemetery near the fictional Illinois town of Spoon River, was hailed by critics as “one of the most original pieces of imaginative literature ever written.”  These brief, eloquent monologues—in an original, interactive arrangement—reveal a poet’s voice as fresh and insightful today as when it first was heard nearly a century ago.

Coming at you in April, the commedia dell’arte- esqe The Painting!

The Painting

Scenario and direction by David Lane

Performance dates: April 7-9 and 14-16 @ 8 p.m., April 10 @ 2 p.m.

The play is set during WWII when the Louvre, fearing the plundering of their national treasures by the invading German army, evacuated the Mona Lisa in an ambulance to the French country-side. Our play picks up with the Mona Lisa in the possession of two bumbling servants who do all they can to hide Leonardo’s artwork from Nazi spies and almost destroy the beloved painting in the process.

Make sure to come out and support the arts this spring! All performances will be held in the upstairs and downstairs theatre spaces in Foy Hall.

Kelly-Rose Marry is a Siena College Class of 2017 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Creative Arts.