This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Music plays a huge role in our lives. Lyrics can change the way you feel or explain what it is you’re feeling at any given moment. I’m always listening to music and open to finding new artists. What I listen to always sets the mood for the rest of my day. Whether I’m going out on the weekend or getting ready for class, I need to get lit.

Here are some of the songs I’ve been listening to that always put me in a good mood:  

1. “ICY GRL” – Saweetie

Gif Source

Saweetie is one of the newer artists we all need to keep an eye on. Her boss girl character is not only boujee AF, it’s edgy and inspirational. 

2. “Stir Fry” – Migos

Gif Source

3. “Ric Flair Drip” – Offset & Metro Boomin

4. “Kontrol” – Maleek Berry

5. “Rude Boy” – Rihanna

Gif Source

6. “Finders Keepers” – Mabel

Mabel is another artist to keep in eye on. She is a UK singer who gives off that 90s vibe in her music videos. She has slower songs like “Thinking of You” that have a more romantic feel to them. But “Finders Keepers” is perfect to get ready to because of how upbeat it is.

7. “Notice Me” – Migos

8. “Goodies” – Ciara

Gif Source

9. “Not Nice” – PARTYNEXTDOOR

10. “Nobody Has to Know” – Kranium

Gif Source

11. “Sky Walker” – Miguel ft. Travis Scott

12. “Pour It Up” – Rihanna

Gif Source

Rihanna is the queen making music that makes women feel sexy. Pour it up is definitely a weekend song my girls and I turn all the way up while we’re getting ready to go out.

13. “Garden (Say It Like Dat)” – SZA

Gif Source

SZA’s Ctrl album is iconic. “Garden (Say It Like Dat)” is one of the many songs on the album that speaks of the f-boys in her life and the doubts she’s experienced regarding love. A definitely relatable track.

14. “Flawless (Remix)” – Beyoncé ft. Nicki Minaj​

Gif Source

I couldn’t leave the “Flawless” remix out of the list. This song is the cherry on top to a girls night playlist.

Thumbnail Image Source

Mayely Vasquez-Vega is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. She studied Management during her time at Siena.