This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

With the cold weather (and snow) fast approaching, many of us are feeling blue about our winter wardrobes.  Bundling up isn’t always a fashionable trend, but with our help you can add some flair to one of your favorite pieces of winter apparel, Bean Boots!  

1. Rock your Socks!! 

One of the best things about wearing Bean Boots is having the chance to show off cute socks!  Stay warm as you tramp around campus with boot socks in bright colors or fun patterns.  Check out American Eagle for adorable (and warm!) boot socks.

2. Show off your Siena spirit!!

Another sock option, the bookstore offers some really cute patterns of Siena boot socks.  Perfect to wear on game day!

3. Dress them up for work!!

While Bean Boots are not the best option for a job interview, if you are working on campus or at an internship in the middle of a snowstorm, dress up your Bean Boots for the office!  Bean Boot Lifestyle recommends rolling up dress slacks with Bean Boots for a more polished look.  Add a warm button-up, grab a scarf or statement necklace, and throw on a pea coat and you are ready to go!

4. Or wear them with a dress!!

Pairing a dress with fleece leggings or warm tights and Bean Boots creates the perfect look for a dinner out or family gathering.  A long coat will help dress up your Bean Boot style and will keep you warm!

5. Keep them casual and comfortable!!

Leggings and Bean Boots will always be a college staple.  For days when you choose this classic look, play around with different oversized sweaters, puffy vests, scarves, and hats in bright colors to stand out from the crowd!  

Emily Roehl is a Siena College Class of 2017 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Accounting with minors in Computer Science and Information Systems.