The Ultimate List of Disney Movies: By Category

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

This is my ULTIMATE list of Disney Movies. I have them all grouped into three categories: 1.) Disneynature, 2.) Classics and 3.) Newbies. If you don’t have Disney+ I highly, like really highly, suggest getting it!

Disneynature

Elephant, In the Footsteps of Elephant, Penguins, Penguins: Life on the Edge, The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos, African Cats, Wings of Life, Chimpanzee, Bears, Monkey Kingdom, Born in China, Dolphin Reef and Diving with Dolphins.

Why watch Disneynature? You can learn so much about all of the different animals around the world. The narrators do an amazing job of letting you see inside the animal’s minds and act as if they were them. They are all light hearted – as much as they can be while still being realistic about what the animals endure throughout their lives. My personal favorite is Elephant.

Classics

Bambi, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, Lilo and Stitch, Pinocchio, Lady and the Tramp, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Lion King, Toy Story, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland, Mulan, 101 Dalmatians and Hercules.

Why watch a classic? Take yourself back to the good ‘ole days when you were in diapers and had not a single care in the world, well, except for maybe when you wanted food (that’s still an issue for me, lol). The classics are a good way to watch a movie and know there’s probably going to be a happy ending. My personal favoite is The Lion King.

Newbies

Moana, Big Hero 6, Onward, The Princess and the Frog, Wreck-It Ralph, Tangled, Frozen, Zootopia, and literally any live action one.

Why watch a newbie? There’s sooooo many good songs in the new movies, well the old ones too, but have you heard the Moana and Frozen soundtracks! Like come onnnn, they’re so good. Although the plots may be a little less happy than the classics, they still always have a happy ending and will put you in a good mood. My personal favorite is Onward.

I hope you found something you wanna watch on here. I’ve seen them all and I will still rewatch them from time to time when I have the time :)

Nicole Caldara is Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Psychology and also had a Business minor and a Human Resource Development minor.