This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Since it is almost Halloween, it is appropriate to list the top 10 scary movies to watch with October coming to an end.

1. Halloween

The 1978 film is about Michael Myers a serial killer on the loose killing people in his hometown.

2. The Exorcist

The 1973 film is about a little girl, Regan, who plays with a Ouija board and gets possessed by a spirit.

3. The Silence of the Lambs

This 1991 film is about an FBI agent, Clarice Sterling, who is assigned to interview Hannibal Lecter, a serial killer locked up.

Gif Source

4. The Conjuring

The 2013 film is about a family that moves into a new house that is cursed and paranormal activities start to occur, so they call Ed and Lorraine Warren to investigate and perform an exorcism.

5. The Nun

The 2018 film is about a priest, Father Burke, a nun, Sister Irene and a townsperson, Frenchie, and their adventure with the Abbey in Romania and the spirit, Valak.

6. ​The Shining

The 1980 film is about a family that stays at a hotel that is haunted and the family experiences paranormal activity while staying there.

7. ​Winchester

This 2018 film is about Sarah Winchester and the house she is continually building, and Eric Price is sent to assess Sarah and they encounter a ghost haunting the house.

8. ​Annabelle

This 2014 film is about a doll named Annabelle that is possessed and torments the family that has her.

Gif Source

9. ​Lights Out

This 2016 film is about a family that is being haunted by a friend of the mom’s from when she was in a mental hospital, but the ghost won’t appear in the light only the dark.

10. ​A Quiet Place

This 2018 film is about alien creatures killing anything that makes noise, so the Abbott family has to live in silence in order to keep the creatures away.

Have a safe and happy Halloween!

Thumbnail Source

Melanie Moran is a Siena College Class of 2019 alumna. She studied Accounting during her time at Siena.