Surviving the Holidays with Her Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Hey there, Siena Collegiettes! It’s officially that time of year again where everything is sparkling, everyone is drinking hot chocolate, and you can hear Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” blasting from dorm rooms. Even if this time of year is your favorite–it’s definitely mine–there’s probably a chance you’re feeling overwhelmed. After all, nothing says the Holidays like hustle and bustle.

Lucky for you, here at Her Campus Siena, we know what it takes to survive and we have a breakdown on some great goodies that will keep you going through the Holiday season.

Bat your eyelashes, pucker your lips, grab a cutie, and head underneath the mistletoe. One of the most fun, yet stressful, parts of the Holidays are all the parties. From the Christmas Eve gatherings with family to the New Year’s Eve countdown parties with friends, looking your best is important. Thankfully, Rimmel has got us covered. With their Scandaleyes Original Mascara, Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner, Provocalips 16HR Kissproof Lip Colour, and Natural Bronzer, us collegiettes are going to look as good as the Christmas tree.

GIF Source. 

Short, sparkly skirt? No problem. Cold weather never stopped nobody. Well, at least during the Holidays it didn’t. With all the parties come short skirts and with short skirts come the need for smooth, soft legs. Yeah, tights are good and practical, but sometimes, the best looks come with bare legs. It’s easy to forget about shaving in the winter, but let Pure Silk remind you of how amazing smooth legs can be. So shave those legs and rock that skirt.

GIF Source. 

Keep yourself moving, grooving, and feeling good. It’s the Holidays, so you’re bound to run yourself down at some point. When you finally finish those trips to the mall, Target, and even those endless scrolls through Amazon, make sure you do something for yourself. Curl up in your favorite fuzzy socks and sip on some Yogi tea. You should TrEAt yourself. Get it? With over 60 different tea varieties, you’re bound to find the best tea to help you unwind.

GIF Source. 

Don’t just do a face mask for the beauty benefits, do it for the weird looks from your family. If you ask me, there’s nothing better than a wine and face mask night with friends. However, with your college friends being MIA for about a month, face masks won’t seem as fun. Unless you can entertain yourself with the weird looks from your family, that is. Leader Cosmetics’ sheet face masks are the perfect way to de-toxify and de-stress. Remove the makeup, face mask, and moisturize.

GIF Source. 

Want to know the best part of this Holiday season? Here at Her Campus Siena, we’re giving way these goodies to you! Stay tuned to see how you can win, but following us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook would certainly help… HCXO! 

Megan Salavantis is a Siena College Class of 2018. Megan majored in English at Siena during those four years.